Why speaker humming issue seem happens too often?

Vayne778

Back then, I generally only use cheap speaker around $10-20..I buy like 3 of them and all of them have subwoofer...the quality is so so but all of them don't have humming issue...recently I tried a bit more expensive speaker around $80-100..I bought 2 and all of them have humming issue...those speaker have better sound but the hum problem is a deal breaker for me....very annoying

I read some of the review for $200-300 speakers and some of the review mention humming issue as well...why this happen often? Does those speaker manufacturer know about this problem happen often?

How about soundbar? I never use it but does it have humming issue?

12 minutes ago, Vayne778 said:

all of them have humming issue

Then its probably just you with bad grounding. Try to plug the soundbars and your source to a properly grounded plug.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

19 minutes ago, Vayne778 said:

Back then, I generally only use cheap speaker around $10-20..I buy like 3 of them and all of them have subwoofer...the quality is so so but all of them don't have humming issue...recently I tried a bit more expensive speaker around $80-100..I bought 2 and all of them have humming issue...those speaker have better sound but the hum problem is a deal breaker for me....very annoying

I read some of the review for $200-300 speakers and some of the review mention humming issue as well...why this happen often? Does those speaker manufacturer know about this problem happen often?

How about soundbar? I never use it but does it have humming issue?

I have humming my self and intend on using optical soon to break the ground loop entirely.

and this is with high grade studio monitors from focal. my advice is to get a class T amp, some cheap good bookshelves used on ebay like NHT, infinity, PSB Energy or something like that or possibly some M audio BX5A older speakers that have amp inside them for cheap, then go optical to the amps or monitors like I intend. if you got buzzing or humming it probably won't be fixed very easily. luckily you can also get an optical to RCA dac even for your current cheaper speakers probably.

most manufacturers use really cheap nasty capacitors that are hidden inside
these powerfilter capacitors look fine physically but they are crap inside

this practice not only saves the manufacturer in production cost but is part of planned obsolescence because the capacitors inside will fail internally about the same time the warranty expires (1 year)

services that fixes this usually rip off regular consumers by replacing an equally or worse quality part or make it economically unviable by charging a hefty service price to disassemble the product. this is also compounded by the price of the component because purchasing just the small amount/value will make it ironic when the component cost more when purchased in small quantities and shipping cost will be higher than the component for diyers