Setting up multiple apps on a server

Over the coming months I'm planning to set up a home server for my parents. The goal is to have it running Plex as well as some sort of file backup application like seafile. How hard is that to get going on one server? Opinions and resources to help me get going are very appreciated.

Thank you,

Grayson M.

CPU Intel Core i7-9700K MOBO ROG STRIX Z390-E RAM  G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition CASE  NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case STORAGE  Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 and Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM PSU Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX OS Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-bit)

Id say its not hard, but relly depends on skill level.

I wouldn't set this up for my paarents, as your now support for anny issues. Id just use google drive or simmilr to sync files, and stream media from streaming sites. 

But if you really want to id get a synology or similar. They have good software that does a lot of the hard work for you, like port forwarding and ddns, and they hve good software and apps for syncing files.