Questions on a crazy build

Jay Glaus

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

So I have an affinity to buying random and off the wall parts online when I see a deal. And I've been in the mood to make a new build lately. So, I thought I'll make a build using what unused random parts I have laying around and buy as little as possible to complete it. Heres what I have:

2x Intel Xeon Platinum 8124M

Asus WS C621E Sage Mobo

2x RTX 3090 FE GPU

Optical drive

These Xeons should work fine in the mobo, and I want to run dual 3090s just to see what thats even like, I never had that kind of graphics power before. I still have to buy heatsinks for the Xeons, ram, an M.2 SSD, fans, and a PSU.

Im thinking of a 1200W PSU, but honestly I'm concerned that maybe I should step it up higher. I'm thinking under maximum full load, which I don't know if I'd hit, but I feel like I might be pushing a 1200W PSU pretty hard, no? Especially considering I'm going to be running 3-4 additional fans.

I've looked at a few PSU's. The 1200W PSU I was looking at is a Rosewill PMG1200, which is currently on sale for Black Friday on Newegg, and the 1300W on I'm debating on instead is a Super Flower SF-1300F14MG. I guess if I really wanted to oversize I could get a Silverstone PS-ST1500-TIbut that might be a little overkill. What do you guys think?

Also, my Xeons should be Skylakes, and if I remember they used thermal paste under the heat spreader and not solder. I wanted to get them delidded and liquid metal-ed (I just don't trust myself on these Xeons to do it), but Silicon Lottery went out of business. Anyone know of anyone else who would do this for me?

Thanks for all the help,

Jay