I'm looking to buy a new TV at Costco Canada

Andrew651

I'd like to buy a new TV at Costco so I went to their website and clicked 70 plus inches plus because bigger is always better but then I saw a video about displays that linus did and he said there's a lot more to displays than size. So the question is what would be the best gaming/movie watching TV from Costco that can still fit down a set of stairs to my basement.

Nebulous question.  You'd need to provide a LOT more details.

-What's more important to you, HDR?  Features?  Color Accuracy?  Size?  Black levels?

-How bright is the ambient light going to be?

-How far away are you going to be sitting from this?

-What kind of budget are you looking at?  OLED will give you the best visual quality (yet) but requires dim ambience and can be subject to burn in over time--and they are considerably more expensive.

What's more important to you, HDR? Yes Features? Android tv or amazon Color Accuracy? Is color accuracy super important?   Size? Biggest  Black levels? OLED im tired of the grays mixing in with the deep blacks on my current set

-How bright is the ambient light going to be?I have dimmable pot lights and I can close the curtain so ambient light is not an issue

-How far away are you going to be sitting from this? Like 13 feet

-What kind of budget are you looking at? 4 grand OLED will give you the best visual quality (yet) but requires dim ambience and can be subject to burn in over time--and they are considerably more expensive.

13 feet is a long ways away from even a 70" display.  I'm at ~13-15' from a 110" screen (would have gone 120", but it wouldn't fit).

Personally, I'd go with a UST projector, because "there's a lot more to displays than size" --is correct...but there's a LOT that size makes up for.  If we were talking about a 60" with better everything vs. a 70" with mediocre features/accuracy/blacks--ok, sure (70" is about 36% larger).   But a 120" screen is 194% larger than a 70" screen.  That's an order of magnitude of difference.  I went from a lower-end 55" LCD to a 110" screen (Cinemax P1 projector) and not only is the quality on-par or better...but the image is just so much pleasing.

https://www.projectorscreen.com/black-friday-projector-deals-sales

p.s.

HiSense 120L5F, 4k, 120" projector/screen combo is on sale for $3000.  Price wise, that is an insane value currently.

https://www.projectorscreen.com/hisense-120l5f-4k-ust-120-lasertv-projector-system.html