BEST PC FOR FUSION 360/ CAD

Jared J

Budget (including currency): 2000- 3000ish USD (or 4,000 USD if needed)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: USED MOSTLY FOR FUSION 360 / CAD 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

My job asked me to do heavy CAD work. They NEED  a new computer. Its for designing gyrocopters. They gave me basically any budget i think is necessary, but i dont want to go TOO far... 

I prefer to buy NEW. Not worried on mouse, Keyboard and Screen. Again, this is for Work CAD. 

Im looking at Ryzen based system, and this is where i am at with possible parts 5900x or 5950x(but i think the 5900x is more than enough), Gigabyte x570 MOBO, 64GB of 3600 Ram, and 1Tb of NVME ssd. But im not sure about Graphics card. I was thinking 3080 or 3070 gpu, but i also hear quadro cards are better for CAD. I don't know. 

if anyone has better choices of any of these parts so far, feel free to advise. 

Thank you guys!

44 minutes ago, Askejm said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9WZZgt
this list should be plenty good, but you may not need that gpu that much

im not sure how big your files are, but you might wanna consider stepping up your storage

pretty cool. However, Id rather not the HDD. 

Also, the case, how is it with dust?  the area isnt the dustiest but not the cleanest. I was thinking the ND15 too. But the ND 12, seems ok. 

You may want to consider using one of the new Intel Alder Lake cpu. I haven't seen any  Fusion 360 benchmarks, but they are significantly outperforming Ryzen 5000 cpu in similar software.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($419.98 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($289.99 @ ASUS) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($274.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($184.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($1394.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact ATX Mid Tower Case  ($123.99 @ Walmart) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($113.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2891.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-21 16:17 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.