shockers 3090 high memory temps

orze

my 3090 got some high temps on teh memory around 102c. when i work its the worst.

i saw allot of videos where swithching the pads on them to lower the temps ALLOT.

but i dont know what kind of thermal pads are good to use.. or what thickness i should use. i remeber somthing about 1.5 from jay2cents but id love ur guys view and where to get them

cpu: 5950x

mobo: asus tuf pro x570

gpu: 3090 FE 

ram: 32gb G.SKILL Trident Z 3200 c14

psu: Antec HCP1300w Platinum (overkill i know...got it for a good price)

thats all needed right?...i didnt study for this exam....

@Moonzy will be able to assist as they have swapped thermal pads and will be able to give you first hand information. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

This issue is present on many 3090s and 3080s, I think LTT made a video on that.

My 3090 SuprimX has memory temperature below 75 degrees always, out of box. Usually the expensive ones has good memory cooling like SuprimX, GamingX Trio, Asus ROG Strix and FE cards
Opening up a card voids warranty, hence I sold my Zotac Trinity and Gigabyte Gaming OC and gotten SuprimXs

Best,
Mu

Screenshot_253.jpg

Yup my 3080 is regularly around 100-108. At about 105 it'll blast the fans at full power (but with almost no effect on RAM temps).

Still if it fails it's under warranty, replacing pads would void that so it stays as it is. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

listen...i dont care about any of this mambo jambo xD i just want better cooling for it. 

its FE and i got it from a place i work with allot so i can get that warrenty anyways.

i asked him if he can fix it for me there but he said he honsrly dosent know how

dont whorry about warrenty and stuff with me. its a work card and its how i pay my bills i want it lasting.

11 hours ago, orze said:

swithching the pads on them to lower the temps ALLOT.

By about 10-20c on both of the G6x cards that I swapped, which is the gigabyte gaming oc 3090 and EVGA ftw3 3080

I left majority of my G6x cards unmodded unless there's serious overheating issues with it

11 hours ago, orze said:

but i dont know what kind of thermal pads are good to use.. or what thickness i should use

Each model is different so you'll have to measure or Google for your specific model

But both of mine uses 2mm, so I replaced them with 2mm thermalright odyssey pads

10 hours ago, Mu_AMG said:

Usually the expensive ones has good memory cooling like SuprimX, GamingX Trio, Asus ROG Strix and FE cards

It depends on what you do

I own two gaming x trio 3090 and they both are pretty damn near 110c on mining workload

I also own a Galax HOF 3090, also near 110c but less severe than the MSI card by few c

Quite a few of my 3080 is also near 110c, except for Palit gamingpro lineup, those have been pretty chill with their VRAM around 90c instead of 100+ on my other cards

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

19 hours ago, Moonzy said:

By about 10-20c on both of the G6x cards that I swapped, which is the gigabyte gaming oc 3090 and EVGA ftw3 3080

I left majority of my G6x cards unmodded unless there's serious overheating issues with it

Each model is different so you'll have to measure or Google for your specific model

But both of mine uses 2mm, so I replaced them with 2mm thermalright odyssey pads

It depends on what you do

I own two gaming x trio 3090 and they both are pretty damn near 110c on mining workload

I also own a Galax HOF 3090, also near 110c but less severe than the MSI card by few c

Quite a few of my 3080 is also near 110c, except for Palit gamingpro lineup, those have been pretty chill with their VRAM around 90c instead of 100+ on my other cards

i got a FE 3090.

wont lie got it for both a good price and it looks so fucking cool xD

but yea what should i use on it i get to 100c EASY when i do workloads.

On 11/21/2021 at 1:56 AM, Mu_AMG said:

This issue is present on many 3090s and 3080s, I think LTT made a video on that.

My 3090 SuprimX has memory temperature below 75 degrees always, out of box. Usually the expensive ones has good memory cooling like SuprimX, GamingX Trio, Asus ROG Strix and FE cards
Opening up a card voids warranty, hence I sold my Zotac Trinity and Gigabyte Gaming OC and gotten SuprimXs

Best,
Mu

Screenshot_253.jpg

Those are good temps. What is your ambient? I have a watercooled 3080 and am posting similar temps to yours. Albeit in a hot tropical climate with AC off.