Switching between mac and windows setups

Gary M

Hi, 

I'm looking for the easiest solution for switching between my windows laptop and mac machine. I have a dell windows laptop as my daily machine connect to a thunder dock and large dell display/monitor via hdmi. My keyboard and mouse connected via a usb hub into the dock. for my mac I use the same display connected via DV. When I switch over to the mac I change the input source on the display and physically disconnect my usb hub (keyboard and mouse) from the dell dock and connect it to the mac. Although this works it is a pain.

Whats the best solution to changing input source as well as keyboard and mouse?

Thanks,

G

Why not just connect the thunderbolt dock to the mac? You have it already so I don't see why you are not doing it this way.

What thunderbolt dock do you have? Most will have ports to connect your mouse and keyboard. This is weird and I can't understand why you're using a separate hub to connect the mouse and keyboard.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

It's a mac mini which doesn't have the right connector for the dock. its a Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TB. I am using the usb hub so that I only have to disconnect one cable with switching between the dock and the mac.