Low GPU usage and high CPU usage in League of Legends

Hey guys, lately I have a problem when playing league. It never been this bad and I tried every thing I found online, even reset the windows and still didn't improve. After some tinkering I had the idea to see how it does in other games and I tried the Heaven benchmark and was surprised to see that the CPU is doing well and the GPU works at max potential. Untitled.thumb.png.f0b07db604f18aa7af9d6f488df8e192.pnggputest.thumb.png.0529de56e3a5bce5614f3f1cb6537bca.png

League is a very CPU bound game, so it would make sense that your CPU is working a lot harder than your GPU in it. Also, task manager is pretty bad with reading GPU usage, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was just wrong in its reading. Try measuring it with something like MSI Afterburner or HWiNFO and see if the numbers line up.

23 minutes ago, PrinceBean said:

Hey guys, lately I have a problem when playing league. It never been this bad and I tried every thing I found online, even reset the windows and still didn't improve. After some tinkering I had the idea to see how it does in other games and I tried the Heaven benchmark and was surprised to see that the CPU is doing well and the GPU works at max potential. Untitled.thumb.png.f0b07db604f18aa7af9d6f488df8e192.pnggputest.thumb.png.0529de56e3a5bce5614f3f1cb6537bca.png

To clarify, you mention "lately" as in you've changed nothing hardware wise and the game was performing as it should but now, again with nothing changed, performance is drastically different? Is performance different at all or are you just noticing the usage graphs in task manager and wonder what's up? 

What is your performance like? Resolution and average framerate?

15 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

League is a very CPU bound game, so it would make sense that your CPU is working a lot harder than your GPU in it. Also, task manager is pretty bad with reading GPU usage, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was just wrong in its reading. Try measuring it with something like MSI Afterburner or HWiNFO and see if the numbers line up.

I agree, but I also can't help but note that I've never once saw Task Manager sit at 9% GPU usage when rendering a 3D game. Either way, HWInfo is the way to go. 

4 minutes ago, PrinceBean said:

well in afterburner its 70--85 ish
is this ok tho?

656959933_test2.thumb.png.db1e9ec991f7287d3845ae82c7e62a26.png

I would like to see both CPU usage AND GPU usage in HWInfo (you can double click the entries in the main window and pop each out into graphs).

I havent changed any hardware and the game was running good, i was playing in borderless and was going good but now i dont know what happened (updated windows last week and maybe that could be, but as stated above i reseted windows and yeah...) and yes performance dropped. I have fps drops.. It works good but it was better, i was multitasking while playing and have 0 problems but now that cpu is at 100% all things are slower. Resolution is 1920x1080 144hz now in fullscreen.test1.thumb.png.4f148e7d84ff1fd2689092492209f6d2.png

Idk if this helpes

1105012079_test3.thumb.png.97f910963bff2de0f7f5d9ee88e0ae9c.png

38 minutes ago, PrinceBean said:

test1.thumb.png.4f148e7d84ff1fd2689092492209f6d2.png

Idk if this helpes

1105012079_test3.thumb.png.97f910963bff2de0f7f5d9ee88e0ae9c.png

Maybe i'm just not familiar enough with how CPU bound this game is but that seems extreme. I'd need to get some advice from others more familiar with this game at that resolution. 

I can't imagine any game using that little GPU. 

You know, both Task Manager and HWInfo are bothing listing the GPU as GPU 0. There isn't some other hidden GPU in this system, is there? Its a 9400f so no iGPU.. Weird.