Halo Infinite - 6700k & GTX 1070

SirWendall

Anyone running the same setup? I haven't messed with this extra rig too much. Just wondering what everyone else is getting as far as FPS in-game. My wife would be playing at 1080p. Also, I have the CPU overclocked to 4.7GHz stable. Thanks!

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

I'm playing at 1440p, using a 2060, i5 10400f, 16gb RAM, and I've been playing around with the settings a bit too so I can see what works and what is my ultimate preference. 

I can get a nice 90-100 fps on the 4v4 mode if I drop most stuff to medium and low, or a bit lower fps on the bigger, high player count game mode. 

Or, if I turn some stuff up and improve the general visual aspect, it's more like 75ish in 4v4 and 60 in the bigger game mode.

I'm not sure which I prefer, as the visuals aren't that spectacular to begin with so a minimal difference is probably worth the extra fps - though the fps isn't as important in this as it would be in something like Warzone or Apex.

There's a lot of confusion about exactly what are the optimal settings and it will, obviously, vary greatly depending on the resolution you are playing at, your settings, what you are willing to accept as a minimum fps etc...

My advice is prioritise fps until you are at or over at least 60 and then decide if visuals are more important than performance after that.

My new rig handles it well. I just haven't updated everything on the wife's PC. Use to be mine back when Skylake dropped. 

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

2 hours ago, SirWendall said:

Anyone running the same setup? I haven't messed with this extra rig too much. Just wondering what everyone else is getting as far as FPS in-game. My wife would be playing at 1080p. Also, I have the CPU overclocked to 4.7GHz stable. Thanks!

🙂 You can see my system specs in the signature section below, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 5700XT, 32gbs of ram. I went from 60-70 fps to 115-120 fps with the early driver release for Halo Infinite. I link it below in case people missed it since it doesn't show up through Radeon. Game ran as smooth as butter 99% of the time. There was an occasional hitch every once and a while, but that's about it. This is NOT a good look on Dice and E.A with Battlefield 2042 at all. 😆..This proves they have no excuse for the state their game is in. Microsoft probably released the multiplayer early to shit on E.A's parade. I would have called it a "surprise mechanic", instead of a surprise early release just to take a jab at them. 

Link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/RN-RAD-WIN-HALO-INFINITE-MP

And mind you, this is yet another shining example of why I'm looking forward to Starfield. I don't trust Bethesda, as no one should, but I do trust the iron first of Microsoft. No one releases a game in a broken state in their name, and no investor pressures them to do it either. You tend to get the game when its ready, no crashes, glitches, stuttering, etc. Their games may not always be the best gameplay wise, but Microsoft is the GOAT when it comes to game design from the technical aspect. So yeah, bring on Starfield. 👍

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Cap the framerate instead of running at unlimited. Unlimited causes some issues for me. 1440p I kick it down to medium and keep around 120FPS in BTB.

Game needs a driver from Nvidia badly. 343 has been working with AMD, so it might be a while.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

jesus its 3.04 am in medicine hat and woke up to this....halo infinite is freeking out and I had no clue.jesus...downloading now