120mm AIO mounting question

HesCalledTheStig

I'm still working at building a dual PC system in my Phanteks Enthoo Pro II case.  I have my AIO mounted for the main PC but have a question about mounting the AIO on the second PC.  The second PC (mini ITX) sits just far enough away from the front of the case where the hoses to the AIO will not reach.  My only option is to mount the radiator to the bottom of the cage.  See the pic below and excuse my crappy illustration, lol.  Is there a way to do this where it wont dwstroy the AIO or hinder its performance?  I didnt use the actual parts for the pic as they are all still in the boxes in case I need to return something.

image_50457345.JPG

the rad should be higher than the pump . also you have the hot exhaust venting into the case interior which is wrong. mount the rad to the rear exhaust fan and it should solve both issues

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

the rad should be higher than the pump . also you have the hot exhaust venting into the case interior which is wrong. mount the rad to the rear exhaust fan and it should solve both issues

That is the issue in itself.  I have 12 inches of hose on the AIO.  The ONLY opening it reaches is the fan spot on the bottom of the case.  It literally lacks an inch of making it to the front and is impossible to get to the rear of the case for the same reason.  I was afraid this would be an issue.  I cant really use a fan style cooler because I have to mount my GPU vertically and it will literally choke the fan off.  And I have to run a GPU because the 10100F doesnt have an iGPU.

I would

A: Remove Phanteks drive sleds and figure out mounting there.
B: Use extra long screws from the front of the case, ideally with some kind of spacers.

C: See if it can fit under the gpu for the main system, remove any pcie slot covers not used for mounting rad.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

2 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

I would

A: Remove Phanteks drive sleds and figure out mounting there.
B: Use extra long screws from the front of the case, ideally with some kind of spacers.

C: See if it can fit under the gpu for the main system, remove any pcie slot covers not used for mounting rad.

Actually, what if I moved the fan to the front of the rad?  It SHOULD reach the front in that configuration.  Would that still move enough air to work?

5 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Actually, what if I moved the fan to the front of the rad?  It SHOULD reach the front in that configuration.  Would that still move enough air to work?

having the fans pull air through the rad is as effective as having fans push through the rad (JayzTwoCents has tested, I believe LTT has too)

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Just now, Cyracus said:

having the fans pull air through the rad is as effective as having fans push through the rad (JayzTwoCents has tested, I believe LTT has too)

Not sure why I didnt think of that before.  I'll give that a try.  Hopefully that gives me enough length to reach.

UPDATE:  Even placing the fan in front of the rad didnt allow it to reach the front.  The Enthoo Pro II is just too bi of a case for the aio.  Going to look for a better solution.