1 long beep and 2 shorts beep.

AlexRomania
Go to solution Solved by CommanderAlex,

Something is wrong with that Gainward GT 740 GDDR5 2GB as it's the cause for failure to POST. 

"1 long, 2 short Failure in video system An error was encountered in the video BIOS ROM, or a horizontal retrace failure has been encountered."

Hello. My name is Alex, i am new on linustechtips, i am romanian.

I bought some components from olx.ro (like amazon but second-hand and some new components). I search  for a GPU and i search a GT 740 GDRR5 2GB. 
After 1 week, i want to change the thermal paste and cleaning the fan GPU. My GPU is (Gainward GT 740 GDDR5 2GB) with alcohol. After cleaning the GPU and add a new thermal paste and the fan, i wanted to turn on the PC.

And now it's starting the problems:

After 5 seconds, the SPEAKER beeps 3 times (1 long beep and 2 shorts beep). And i said:

- Let's reinstall the GPU.

I reinstall, and the same problem.

-What ? Let's unplug the fan gpu and plug it again.

The same problem 😕

-Oh no, please 😞 Don't say i destroy my GPU 😞 

After 15 minutes to trying to fix my GPU, no problems solved.

Luckly, i have the old GPU (730 DDR3). I will use untill i will fix my GPU.

Please, can someone tell me how to fix that problem ?

And my specs are: 

Gigabyte H61MA-D2V Socket 1155 (Supports max 16GB).

Intel Core i5 2500 3.30GHz.
8GB RAM DDR3 Dual-Channel.

NVIDIA GT 740 GDDR5 2GB.
PSU Premier 400w (I know, i need to change it).
Inaza RGB case.

Something is wrong with that Gainward GT 740 GDDR5 2GB as it's the cause for failure to POST. 

"1 long, 2 short Failure in video system An error was encountered in the video BIOS ROM, or a horizontal retrace failure has been encountered."

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

31 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Thank you, i solved the problem. I let the 740 2 hours and now works good !