Linux HATES Me – Daily Driver CHALLENGE Pt.1

BellLMG
5 hours ago, GreatnessRD said:

I forgot the name of the thread, but it was posted right after Linus posted his Linux Challenge video. I'm sure its taken down by now, yeah, sorry friend.

😔

I may've found it looking through this thread after making that message. Is it this?

✨FNIGE✨

There can be only one! (Linus)

I edit my posts more often than not

10 hours ago, 0xReki said:

If your distribution/OS can't even guarantee that, it's not even suitable for power users.

others have discussed this already, but Windows ‘power users’ can actually be expected to reliably do way worse as Linux first timers than total computer newbies, because they are cursed with the habit of believing that they know what they are doing whenever they sit down at a new computer. That habit of mind does not serve them well when they are on a new and different operating system

10 hours ago, 0xReki said:

Console output and confirmation prompts ceased to be meaningful because there are too much of them. Just like clicking “Yes” on the “Are you sure?” prompt and or entering the admin password becomes meaningless if the system keeps asking you to do it.

Password prompts aren't warnings. They're means of privilege escalation. Those are totally distinct

I wonder if a commercial Linux distro, like Red Hat, would ever sponsor a LTTvideo.

On 11/15/2021 at 5:56 PM, Kilrah said:

You still haven't mentioned a distro...

WTF? I named one with my very 1st post. I even named a 2nd and 3rd with my 2nd post. Please explain how I have not named any distros? If you're not going to read anything said, I presume my reply is a moot point too.

• 1 year later...