A Stupid Question

XILEGEND

I have a fully modular power supply but am replacing it soon with a higher wattage one in the coming days. Would i be able to keep all of my components plugged in and simply plug them into the new power supply? Im staying with the same brand (evga) with cables and psu. Reason i ask is because a friend somehow screwed his hard drive after doing the same thing im about to do. Im guessing its unrelated but not totally sure

4 minutes ago, XILEGEND said:

I have a fully modular power supply but am replacing it soon with a higher wattage one in the coming days. Would i be able to keep all of my components plugged in and simply plug them into the new power supply? Im staying with the same brand (evga) with cables and psu. Reason i ask is because a friend somehow screwed his hard drive after doing the same thing im about to do. Im guessing its unrelated but not totally sure

This document should help to see whether your cables are compatible

Which EVGA Modular Cables are compatible with my PSU?

23 minutes ago, XILEGEND said:

It is true that in some cases, there could be different pinouts for some of the larger cables. But, as far as you're buying a PSU from the same brand, you should be completely fine. Just make sure what cable goes where, and how much voltage is provided in different sockets on the PSU. I never had any issues even by using different cables.

Personally, I would change out the cables that come with the new PSU. For peace of mind.