RTX 2070 SUPER With 7GB VRAM?

DahnevG

Hi! I have a question regarding the vram of my gpu. I have a rtx 2070 super and its supposed to have 8gb of vram but when I open Forza Horizon 5 benchmark at the end it says I only have 7.2gb of vram, this happens when I use my main monitor but when I use my second monitor which is my tv it says I have 6.6gb of vram instead of 8. I'm using a display port cable for my main monitor which has a resolution of 1440p at 144 hz and my tv I have it connected to my gpu too through a hdmi cable, my tv has a resolution of 2160p at 120 hz. As I said, both displays are connected to my dedicated graphics card. I while ago I was using my integrated gpu and I thought it might be taking some vram from my main gpu so I disable it in the bios but it didn't fix the issue. My specifications are: i7 9700 (non k), 16gb of ram, rtx 2070 super, the latest windows 10 update, 1tb of storage and a ssd m.2 for windows boot. Here is a picture of the issue too.

Desktop Screenshot 2021.11.09 - 07.57.33.342.png

It is maximum that the game is allowed to use, rest of it used by something else. Anything that uses GPU (chrome, media players etc) can also allocate vram. Nothing wrong here. By the way it says you have 7.56GB of allocate able VRAM and game is only using 7.02GBs of it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

16 minutes ago, DahnevG said:

I'm using a display port cable for my main monitor which has a resolution of 1440p at 144 hz and my tv I have it connected to my gpu too through a hdmi cable, my tv has a resolution of 2160p at 120 hz.

image.png.0bcff6bd27c81a263ff5493efe199255.png

Oh really?

Not that it matters lol. Just curious what the video memory looks like after you turn the game res to native res of your monitor.

1 hour ago, Bad5ector said:

image.png.0bcff6bd27c81a263ff5493efe199255.png

Oh really?

Not that it matters lol. Just curious what the video memory looks like after you turn the game res to native res of your monitor.

Hi! thanks for your answer, at 1440p it uses a little more than 6gb of vram. 🙂

Yeah that is a weird one. 

1 hour ago, Levent said:

By the way it says you have 7.56GB of allocate able VRAM and game is only using 7.02GBs of it.

Is that what it's saying? Cause right below it says that system memory is 13.16GB  / 15.87GB. That doesn't make sense, they have 13.5GB of RAM and the game is using 16GB?

@DahnevGWhat does a program like GPU-Z report your card's memory is? I hazard to guess it's just some bug with the game's benchmark swapping the numbers around.

1 hour ago, Bad5ector said:

Is that what it's saying? Cause right below it says that system memory is 13.16GB  / 15.87GB. That doesn't make sense, they have 13.5GB of RAM and the game is using 16GB?

Vice versa. The system has 16 GB RAM (15.87 GB usable/allocated to the game I guess) and 13.16 is used. I've never seen resources being reported as <available>/<used>. Always <used>/<available>.

In the case of VRAM it likely means the game sees 7.02 GB allocated to it, but at the given settings will estimate to use/need, or as its a benchmark, has used 7.56 GB. The RE games and TR reboots I believe as well, for example, do the same and in my experience this estimate often seems BS, or an overestimate. I've often maxed it to where it said it would require something like 12-14 GB out of my 1080 Ti's available 11 GB, but never ran into issues (YMMV). That, or it simply read the total VRAM being used without determining what it was used by.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Personally, after seeing Kitguru's video on this subject (below) I think everyone's better off playing on High instead.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x