micrco stuttering in all games

ad1772

been experiencing stuttering issues in all games recently, don't know what's causing it, tried ddu reinstalling drivers but that did nothing.

example of problem:

notice how the gpu usage drops for a second and the game stutters.

pc specs

2080 ti

37000x ryzen 3rd gen

gigabyte aorus elite wifi x570

32gb ram at 3333mhz

850w antec gold rated psu

Has anything changed recently?  New Part or Driver?

Is your RAM OC at 3333?  I'd set all hardware to default settings and see if its still there first.

20 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Has anything changed recently?  New Part or Driver?

Is your RAM OC at 3333?  I'd set all hardware to default settings and see if its still there first.

Nope, nothing has changed, have had the same parts for almost a year and a half now, ram is not oc'ed, all hardware is on default settings, no GPU or cpu oc or anything.

17 hours ago, ad1772 said:

32gb ram at 3333mhz

16 hours ago, ad1772 said:

ram is not oc'ed, all hardware is on default settings, no GPU or cpu oc or anything.

Ok, can you confirm at what speed the ram is actually running?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Only time I've ever had this happen to me was with an antivirus definition update.  Disabling the AV was not enough for me.  I had to completely uninstall it to prove that it was in fact AV.  At that time it was Symantec Corporate (Enterprise Edition).  I changed to ESET NOD32 at the time and the problem hasn't come back since.

Any software that automatically updates is a potential culprit.  Antivirus, drivers, via service or otherwise, that could make changes without you really knowing.

I am having the same issue (Win 10 Pro - ALL GAMES). I noticed the problem on 2021-11-11. Before this date, my games have run consistently smoothly. The only change to my system prior to the problem was the installation of the following Windows update:

2021-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems (KB5007186)

Unfortunately, I can't confirm that this is the culprit since I stupidly erased the system restore point (obsessive drive cleanup on my part) just moments before playing a game and noticing the problem. My gut tells me that this must be the cause since nothing else changed. Hopefully somebody else can try rolling back this update to se if it fixes the problem.

Good luck, and let me know!