Error code 43

How risky is it to by a card that has an error code 43? 

How likely is it that the card it self is faulty ?

I've a MSI rtx 2070 for sale that has error code 43 the seller says it works fine in Windows and browsing the internet but when he tries to play a game and it puts load on the GPU it gives him error code 43.

He says he bought it from his neighbour that used it for gaming and thought he could just slap it in his mining Rig and it would work Idk if that's a true story but the price is pretty good and I think it's worth the risk depending on what advice I get from you guys and if not I can sell it as parts only and probably get my money back 

He sent me pictures the card looks fine, no damage 

So idk 

What do you think?

Error 43 is almost always VBIOS or hardware related fault, if you arent:

• willing to risk your own money to have a paperweight,
  • dont know how to repair and or have skills, experience and tools to fix a complex card like a graphics card yourself

dont get it. GPU that throws out code 43 will perform worse than any integrated gpu that was released in the last 11 years under any and all situations. Its not like someone will sell their RTX2070 for cheap when there is a massive component shortage, I bet someone already diagnosed the issue and deemed it too expensive to fix.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

You definitely do not want to buy it,  code 43 means Windows has lost communication with the drive or the driver has crashed.

Every GPU I've ever had with this code has either been broken, or just needed the bios flashed.

If it was just a vbios they probably would've done it themselves.

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard