I think my GTX 1080Ti is dead

Omie

So this is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VJPPHN

Had this build for about 4 years now and I think my GPU kicked the bucket for good. Several months ago I noticed all games would crash unless I underclocked the GPU core clock by -150MHz in MSI Afterburner.

Now all the sudden games are crashing regardless even if I underclock the GPU more.

I had to force shutdown my computer since it crashed in the game in the video below and my computer is not even booting past the BIOS now. 

Anything I can do to try to possibly fix this? Worth it to try reseating GPU, blowing out dust, or anything like that?

Try replacing the thermal paste and thermal pads on the card.  You may need to do some googling for the dimensions and thicknesses of the pads you need, since too thick pads will stop the GPU core from touching the heatsink, causing immediate overheat, and too thin pads will overheat the VRM's or memory due to no contact.

13 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

Try replacing the thermal paste and thermal pads on the card.  You may need to do some googling for the dimensions and thicknesses of the pads you need, since too thick pads will stop the GPU core from touching the heatsink, causing immediate overheat, and too thin pads will overheat the VRM's or memory due to no contact.

I don’t think heat is an issue because my temps were fine. They wouldn’t even reach 70C when I was monitoring it.

Welp only thing to do here is find a broken 1080ti and salvage the gpu off it, though you will need some bga rework equipment for that (heatgun, universal stencils, tweezers, flux, solder wick, solder paste, etc.) For me i can get those for ~25$ but f ing around with a universal stencil is prob gonna be a pain in the ass cause i have to cover the uneeded holes then spread out the solder paste, im gonna do this for my ud3p cause im sick of my p5q being a pos

P45 chipset doesnt look to be that large but a gtx 1080ti is gonna be a whole nother level with the massive die so if you can find a 1080ti stencil for cheap you are gonna have to spend alot of time taping up universal stencils and heck if those dont work you might even have to manually put the solder paste on but at that point its just not feasable unless you wanna spend a week or 2

11 hours ago, Omie said:

I don’t think heat is an issue because my temps were fine. They wouldn’t even reach 70C when I was monitoring it.

You don't understand.

Your 1080 Ti does NOT have memory temp or VRM temp monitoring

Just because the GPU core is fine does NOT mean the entire card is fine.

The "hotspot" on your 1080 Ti is a fixed delta and is useless.