Need advice on this build

Budget (including currency): ₱35,000.00 to ₱45,000.00 ($700 - $900usd)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

• Photoshop,
  • Illustrator,
  • Minecraft,
  • Valorant,
  • (maybe minor video editing) 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I need advice on this build since the last time I used a PC was wayback 5 years ago. 

CPU :

• Ryzen 5 5600G or
  • Ryzen 5 3400G

I don't have budget on dedicated GPU at the moment but I'm planning to buy in the future. 

Motherboard :

• Can you suggest on this one? Just a note, I'm connected to a wifi mesh TPLink Deco E4 but it has an Ethernet port. Should I opt for the Wifi board? 

RAM :

• 2X 16GB 

I don't know how to Overclock but if I will be doing so, what brand do you suggest and Mhz? 

Storage

• 256GB SSD and 
  • 1TB HDD

What brand do you think is good for this one? 

PSU

• 500W or 600W 

Which brand is good for cable management? 

GPU :

• This is optional but I'm planning on buying a dedicated GPU in the future. Can you please give me some idea on what budget GPU should I buy that can work on Valorant or the games alike, and minecraft. Probably for minor video editing also. 

CASE

• Inplay Robin 101 tempered glass to protect from the fur of my husky.

This build is open to suggestions. 

The 5600G is far superior to the 3400G, and will work nicely with pretty much any GPU that's out there currently.

For United States retailers, the Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro has frequently dropped to $100 USD, so if you see a similar pattern from your available retailers, I'd recommend that motherboard.

At this price point, RAM capacity shouldn't be your concern, but rather speed, especially with an APU like the 5600G - 16GB of DDR4 3600 CL16 should be your target.

I'd recommend avoiding HDDs if possible, as the lifespan compared to an SSD really only makes them optimal for large arrays with redundancy - Consider going for just a Samsung 980 500GB for now and add additional SSDs if needed.

EVGA's BQ series of PSUs is an okay path for systems of this caliber - there's a 500W and 600W version available and they both regularly see heavy discounts.

the pc guy

4 hours ago, Slapsoil said:

RAM :

• 2X 16GB 

I don't know how to Overclock but if I will be doing so, what brand do you suggest and Mhz? 

Get some decent 3600 cl18/16 sticks and crank the speed to as high as it will go, maybe 4000, 4266, idk youll have to find out for yourself

Rams wise i think m die rams will work here such as tridentz neo or viper steel (4400mhz is b die and really expensive)

Samsung b dies are better than hynix m dies but b dies are really expensive so m dies are what id suggest, you might even wanna go for micron e dies like crucial ballistix rams cause they also overclock decently well

Storage

• 256GB SSD and 
  • 1TB HDD

Ditch the hdd for now and get a 500gb ssd, i suggest silicon power a80 or kingston a2000 cause they have dram cache

2 hours ago, Forleb said:

Samsung 980 500GB

Decent ssd if it isnt overpriced to sht which it usually is, samsung are reliable but they are just wayyy too expensive when better and cheaper ssds exist like crucial p5, pilot e, z440, mp600, rocket 4.0, etc. Also its dramless which i think means that sustained performance isnt as good as an ssd with dram cache

PSU

• 500W or 600W 

Which brand is good for cable management? 

Shove the cables on the back panel of your case so you dont have to see them cause modular psus are prob quite abit more expensive than non modular psus. Maybe get a psu from evga, decent quality but also has a good price. You may even have some oddball psu brands like digital alliance, zalman, or those korean brands like rexcool, those can also be decent

You can try looking for used psus though you need to know what you are looking for so you dont end up with some unbranded unit that cant power your system or just outright explodes. Usually a quality psu has a good 12v rail amperage so what i look for is 12v rail amperage that is high and the wattage that it can deliver is atleast 100w below the psu rating, any lower than 100w below psu rating on 12v rail means its garbage. My current psu is a dazumba 450w, 12v rail has 30a so 12 x 30 = 360, and its rated at 450w so that means its a good quality unit (not to mention how heavy the damn thing is). Though go for used psus at your own risk alr

Motherboard :

• Can you suggest on this one? Just a note, I'm connected to a wifi mesh TPLink Deco E4 but it has an Ethernet port. Should I opt for the Wifi board? 

Maybe a b550 pro vdh, ds3h, or pro 4. Some cheap but decent mbs. If the wifi versions are really expensive compared to the non wifi versions then you can just buy some cheap pcie wifi card, they are prob around 5-7$ on average atleast for me here in indo

CASE

• Inplay Robin 101 tempered glass to protect from the fur of my husky.

I thought it was just gonna be some crap case that has no airflow but looks like its a knockoff of the o11d, and the airflow should be decent

Although id encourage just ditching the case as it is mostly just an asthetic and going for whatever cheap scrap case you can find, here in indo they are usually 3$ but you may be able to get one for free, theyll look ugly but theyll do the job just fine, just take off the sidepanel as most of them have garbage airflow.

in this budget range money counts so ditching uneccesary asthetics like case or rgb will allow for better components, plus scrap case is only like 3$ so you can just buy this case later on once youve saved enough money and you can just sell off the scrap case

9 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

maybe 4000, 4266

Diminishing returns crank up very quickly with speeds like that. The additional OC is hardly necessary and a kit factory clocked like that is bound to have a big premium.

9 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

samsung are reliable but they are just wayyy too expensive when better and cheaper ssds exist

In the United States the 980 500GB has been hovering around $65 - not fantastic, but I'm assuming the value is far worse in the Philippines?

And I definitely agree with your assessment on the case after finally finding it, though I'm not sure a "scrap case" is necessary depending on OP's budget after everything else.

the pc guy