Forum ranks/title reset

Spotty

What happened?

All members default Titles (based on rank) have been reset to the "Newbie" rank (I believe I was previously in the "Fanatic" rank)

There's also now an icon displaying in the Title section on profile pages.

I have also lost my ability to set a custom member title and also unable to edit the titles of others (moderator privilege, could only edit the titles of accounts which already unlocked permission to set a custom title so I assume it's not letting me edit anyone's title because everyone has been moved to the Newbie group which does not have permissions to edit their member title).

Members who had custom titles set prior to the update still display the custom title, for example on @Levent profile

What did you expect to happen?

To retain the existing member ranks/titles and ability to set a custom title for those who unlocked permissions to do so. (iirc was 100 posts to be eligible to set a custom member title)

No rocket ship icon displayed

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

https://linustechtips.com/profile/519965-spotty/

https://linustechtips.com/profile/6283-levent/ (example of custom title still being set)

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

image.png

image.png

Any other relevant details:

It appears in the latest update the member ranks/titles has switched to being based on 'points', rather than post count which I believe it was previously based on.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

OK, so. We have a solution. We have setup rules for calculating points to as closely as possible match the old setup. 

It will take a bit to calculate the new points. We are very sorry about this, we see no way to change from points to posts. 

We hope it is done before 2022 /s

Screenshot_20211105_105340.png

4 minutes ago, Jonathon_B said:

OK, so. We have a solution. We have setup rules for calculating points to as closely as possible match the old setup. 

It will take a bit to calculate the new points. We are very sorry about this, we see no way to change from points to posts. 

Is this also going to remove the rocket ship icons, or will that require an additional fix?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

The rocket ship icon, is the new default image for all the ranks. We will need to set new ones.