Can I use 2 different graphics cards.

tysonx

Sorry for my bad English, it's not my primary language..

Okay so I'm planning on buying a new 3060 ti, and I want to keep my R9 380 + I have 4 monitors. I want to run the 3 side displays on the 380 and the main gaming display on the 3060 ti.. Will this work??

There is an old thread on using two GPU's in one PC and there are a couple of good answers near the bottom of the thread.  I think if you set your R9 380 as your main GPU and chain your 3 monitors to it.

To get games to run on your 3060 ti just load the game up up and choose the monitor your 3060 ti is plugged into (for instance monitor 4).
You are better off reading the thread in full though since I have no idea whether what I said was correct or not.  It was just a shortened version of an answer from this thread:

Mixing AMD and Nvidia GPU isn't guaranteed to be a smooth experience, but if you have the cards on hand, why not give it a go

A single GPU will run 4 displays just fine

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

6 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Mixing AMD and Nvidia GPU isn't guaranteed to be a smooth experience, but if you have the cards on hand, why not give it a go

A single GPU will run 4 displays just fine

I get what you're trying to say, but I don't want to lose performance on the main display (the 3060) just for spotify and discord on the other monitors.

10 minutes ago, Slothkingston said:

There is an old thread on using two GPU's in one PC and there are a couple of good answers near the bottom of the thread.  I think if you set your R9 380 as your main GPU and chain your 3 monitors to it.

To get games to run on your 3060 ti just load the game up up and choose the monitor your 3060 ti is plugged into (for instance monitor 4).
You are better off reading the thread in full though since I have no idea whether what I said was correct or not.  It was just a shortened version of an answer from this thread:

Yes, I did read it, but the guy was using two Nvidia cards and I'm mixing..

10 minutes ago, tysonx said:

I don't want to lose performance on the main display

you wont notice (if any) the performance difference

take it from a person who is running 3 displays atm

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

25 minutes ago, manikyath said:

you can, there's just not really a reason to do so.

It could come useful in the VM operations since MacOS doesn't support Nvidia graphics cards.