Red Light on GPU

smokehp

Red Light on GPU

Hi, I recently bought a new gpu, and have been playing with it for quite some time. It should just be pointed out that I am new to the PC world and construction around it :). So what happens now is that my graphics card starts flashing red with 1 bulb. I discovered it once, but after I turned off my PC, it disappeared. Now 1-2 weeks have passed and the problem is back. But this time the red lamp does not disappear and it continues to be there even though my PC is off or on. I have heard from others it may be something with the power to the gpu but do not know if it is. If there are any in here who can help me over a conversation over discord it would make me happy. I'm really nervous about the problem and have 0 idea to solve the problem.

SPECS

CABINET: NZXT H510 ELITES BLACK

ASUS PRIME Z590-P WiFi (BUNDKORT M. WiFi6 OG BLUETOOTH)

i9 11900K, 5.3GHZ

ASUS RTX3080 ROG-STRIX-RTX3080-O10G

RAM: 32GB 3200MHZ BALLISTIX

NZXT KRAKEN X63 280MM RGB WATER COOLER

COUGAR GEX850 POWER SUPPLY

1TB SSD NVMe WD BLUE SN550

1TB SSD M.2 NVMe INTEL 665P

IMG_1015.jpg?width=225&height=300IMG_1014.jpg?width=225&height=300IMG_1016.jpg?width=400&height=300

Thanks. Smokehp

image.png

That usually means that the power cable isn't connected fully. I'd try to reseat it on both sides of the cable (PSU and GPU), and it should make the light turn off. Then again, the system shouldn't even POST if that LED is on. 

That said, you should run individual cables for each power connector, and don't use the pigtail connector. It's possible that's causing it, though very unlikely.

1. It worked. lets hope it dosnt do it again. or else imma keep u in touch in here thanks alot 🙂

if it happens again i would try and maybe go buy a cable  from a 3rd party seller. why most of the time factory psu cables are fine. some brands tent to cheap out on them.