Is my 6800xt unplugging? Windows notifications all day...

shorty35424

Hello all. I recently went through some troubleshooting with a 6800xt. It was failing under load and crashing my whole system. I discovered that if I ran two PCIe cables from my PSU to it (instead of one, pigtailed) it worked flawlessly! Hooray! But... there does seem to be an issue that remains - Windows thinks I am removing the card at random times. 

I am sitting here working all day and every few hours I hear the sound that windows plays when you disconnect a USB device, like a flash drive. So I hunt down a program called USBDeview that tells me what is being unplugged and it says my 6800xt?? (see pic).

Now, this isn't happening when I'm gaming usually, it's just random when I'm doing standard browsing and emails during the work day. When it happens I can open windows resource monitor, Radeon Software, even Xbox Game bar and they all recognize the GPU is there and is at like ~3-5% usage.

Does anyone know what's going on with this? Ran into similar issues?

6800xt.PNG

one of the leds on teh card is probablu passed through some sort of USB chip.

something s going wrong with it 

Windows doesnt think the card itslf is being removed..... if it did it would hard crash because a pcie deivce was randmoly removed

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

one of the leds on teh card is probablu passed through some sort of USB chip.

something s going wrong with it 

Windows doesnt think the card itslf is being removed..... if it did it would hard crash because a pcie deivce was randmoly removed

Wow, I was so tunnel visioned on the problem with the card that I didn't notice it said LED! That makes way more sense. Is that something I should be concerned about? It looks fine visually...

25 minutes ago, shorty35424 said:

Wow, I was so tunnel visioned on the problem with the card that I didn't notice it said LED! That makes way more sense. Is that something I should be concerned about? It looks fine visually...

Well, you can see if a bios update is available for your card, and if it is flash it.

Its not something that will affect anything long run, but itll be annoying. 

If you cant fix it, disable the led in device manager

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler