How to clone boot disk excluding one folder

Bateman1950x

Hi
I have 2 SSDs and one of them is boot drive.聽
Boot drive SSD is of 1TB and 2nd drive is 500G (empty)
Boot drive has one folder with ~450G data so I want to clone Boot SSD to 2nd SSD drive by excluding that one big folder. After cloning, 2nd drive should be bootable and exactly same as 1st drive (without 450G folder). Is it possible?
I dont have a backup device to keep that 450GB data elsewhere.

Please advise, many thanks in advance!

12 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

No, can only clone whole disk or partitions not individual files/folders afaik.

okay, thanks 馃檪

Is there anyway I can make 2nd drive "bootable windows 10" (from ISO or from first drive OS) without "installing" and then聽plug 2nd drive to another machine (has windows 10 OEM liense) so that it boots straight away (hardware specific drivers can be loaded on first boot or 2nd)
Basically, I want to eliminate "installation of windows 10 from USB" on my 2nd machine.

regards,

6 minutes ago, Bateman1950x said:

okay, thanks 馃檪

Is there anyway I can make 2nd drive "bootable windows 10" (from ISO or from first drive OS) without "installing" and then聽plug 2nd drive to another machine (has windows 10 OEM liense) so that it boots straight away (hardware specific drivers can be loaded on first boot or 2nd)
Basically, I want to eliminate "installation of windows 10 from USB" on my 2nd machine.

regards,

Why not just install from USB? you normally don't want to clone and run the clone, you would want to sysprep it first.

Id just do a clean install here.

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2021 at 6:09 PM, Bateman1950x said:

Hi
I have 2 SSDs and one of them is boot drive.聽
Boot drive SSD is of 1TB and 2nd drive is 500G (empty)
Boot drive has one folder with ~450G data so I want to clone Boot SSD to 2nd SSD drive by excluding that one big folder. After cloning, 2nd drive should be bootable and exactly same as 1st drive (without 450G folder). Is it possible?
I dont have a backup device to keep that 450GB data elsewhere.

Please advise, many thanks in advance!

Hi,

I think that with Acronis True Image you can clone boot by also excluding specific folders.

It is free if you have a Crucial SSD but I think there are also free dedicated versions for Sabrent and Western Digital.