Direction of LTT / Feedback

Peter Yacono

I would hope Linus & co would continue to make phone videos.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Get John Carmack on the WAN - make it happen, I'll go get some popcorn...

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

I am going to keep my opinion short. I love phone reviews from Linus. The fact that he switches to the phone for 30 (!) days just makes it sooo amazing. Instead of going "This is annoying, but you can probably get used to it", he actually tells you whether you actually can. you can't notice details of a phone after a few hours. You have to live with it.

Thanks Linus. No one else seems to go out of their comfortable bubble that is their stable setup when it comes to something as personal as a phone.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Linus makes amazing Phone reviews, and any other reviews for that matter - It's clear that he's not interested In uploading the very first review ever in the sake of Views (Hence the lack of standalone Unboxings since whenever the last one was) , and he'd rather spend some time with a product and get to know it well. I'm not saying that there are others who don't do that, But still.

It's also nice to get Different people that look at products in different ways - MKBHD for example is great for telling us all the Geeky stuff behind a phone, whilst Linus tells us about what consumers care about at heart. Don't get me wrong I Watch them both, I just think it is nice to get different perspectives from different people.

Personally, I watch every New video - If there was no competition then nobody would Improve, just because somebody else does something well doesn't mean  we can't strive to do equally as well or better.

I remember the first video I ever watched: The Sennheiser Momentum on ear First look, (I miss the outside videos :P) and I subscribed Instantly, because of Linus' Personality.

Whatever videos the LTT team put out, Phones, laptops, Watches or Toys - I'll be happy - and everyone else should be too

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

I understand the point about how every man and his dog makes phone reviews, but this is the thing: I pretty much hate watching any other reviewer except for Linus because he looks at the things I care about in a device or a piece of tech. The other "hands on" reviews don't ever make me feel as though it was used thoroughly enough to tell the full story - something Linus is good at and let's be honest, all we care about a product before we buy it is how it will do for us in the long run, not after one use.

For this reason I watch Linus' videos and not others. Sure, most of your audience is going to want to watch the actual tech stuff and not the phone reviews but when i happen to upgrade my phone once every two years, the first place I look is Linus' phone reviews. I understand that i am only one person though and that it is a lot of work for someone who is actually going to use it every two years but having said, i still watch every video Linus puts up because of the comical side he adds to tech. Maybe a compromise is only doing reviews of the phones that you guys think are important enough to make it for example if we were looking at last gen: Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC Once, Nokia Lumia 920 and even iPhone if you want but tbh I don't know if many people here would be interested in that. Or even better, Linus and Co could ask the community through the forum what phones they'd like reviewed or if a new phone gets released, whether or not we think he should review it.

I personally don't think stopping phone reviews all together is necessary (well just yet anyway).

Phones are fine, just keep hardware as your main focus and things should be fine.

Do continue to do phone reviews please. They are great and I wouldn't trust any other person on the internet when it comes to expensive tech that I'm thinking of buying such as the m8.

Linus convinced me to switch to the HTC one from an iphone and I haven't looked back, he delivers his own view points and they are casual for people who want a high powered phone but don't need all the little details.

If he wants to get out of the phone reviews then he should, but I enjoy them.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I enjoy Linus' phone reviews.  I do agree that the focus of the channel shouldn't stray from covering PC components.  I don't think Linus has to review every phone that comes out, he should just do the biggest three or four phones that come out every year and let people like MKBHD review every phone that comes out.

I for one love the reviews and want them to keep going. They come from someone with a different point of view on a lot of fronts... For one, how many reviewers prefer sense over stock?

I hope they keep coming Linus.

I personally don't want Linus to stop. He doesn't have to cover all phone, just the main ones like what he does now.

His reviews are great. Whenever I buy some tech I will definetly search for linus's review. I loved today's M8 review done by Linus. It was complete had essential details, he knows what he's talking about and overall he reprsents the review as a general consumer rather than an enthusiast like what some other reviewer's does. TBH I watch almost all the videos he uploads on youtube and the main reason his innocence and irritation of particular stuff that makes his review more satisfying and convincing.

I'm typing this on my phone and I can't express much but I wouldn't want Linus to stop phone reviews.

Thank you Linus for your great content and hard work you put into things which makes the tech community and even general consumers life a bit easier with things related to technology

I personally love the phone reviews, they are just plain realistic. He gives everyone sense of ownership that is kind of unique to linus.

like many have said already, i like linus's view based on real world use, not just a spec list, 

I'd be really sad if you stopped :(

Although there are tons of other reviewers out there, and many that do a great job, I really like your views on the devices. When you review a phone, you have it for a while and give it some really good use. When I go to use one of the phones you've reviewed myself, I find myself agreeing with almost all of your points about it. I can't say that about many reviewers.

Also, I'd like to mention that there aren't any videos on YouTube I look forward to more than your phone reviews :)

I have to say that the M8 review is probably the best one I've seen so far. You should keep on reviewing flagship phones. Your opinion is more important for me than that of a reviewer, cause you just tell the things as they are. I would actually like more phone reviews instead of audio product reviews :) Whatever you choose, keep up the great work Linus!

So I justo got the time to watch the video and I have to say I liked it so much. This is accually the first phone review in a while that I watched whole.

It definately made me laugh, and I found all of the remarks realistic. Definately liked the video, and would appreciate more videos like this.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

I opt for mixed if my opinion counts :)

Main (LTT Channel)

- WAN Show as always (BEST, LOVE IT!)

- Same old Mobo, cards etc (PC Parts) reviews = 50%

- Peripherals and Audio = 30%

- Unboxing = 15%

- Phones = 5%

Secondary

- Techquickie (Love it as well, even if i know the answers i always watch the videos because they are so well explained)

As a third channel

- Toy's channel (Same format as techqueckie with short/once in a while unboxing and reviews of toys)

- Slick could do something like a monthly recap with indi games, a short review/how much it costs etc. 

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

No offense OP, i want my voice to be heared, i'll hold off to the official topic. o/

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

Hey guys. Just checking back in.

Thank you everyone for your 2 cents. I think the majority of you are right.

It's lovely to see what a dedicated, passionate and loyal fan base Linus has. He's a lucky chap.

I hope in the long run, this, plus other discussions like this, goes towards making this community even stronger and leads to LTT producing even better content.

Word.