WC build check...Comment and suggest

Hey guys,

I just want to ask if those components are good enough for watercooling setup. You might notice that I have no water blocks, that's cuz it's for newer components coming this year - Haswell-E and Maxwell.

So here is it:

PC case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

Pump: Swiftech MCP655

Reservoir: Bitspower Watertank Z-Multi 250 Inline Reservoir - Ice Red

Radiator: EK Coolstream XTX (360) - top; EK Coolstream XTC (280) - front; EK Coolstream XTC (140) - rear

Tubing: PrimoChill Primoflex Advance LRT 15.9/9.5mm (ID 3/8", OD 5/8") - Blood Red

FittingBitspower G1/4 Threat 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD Compression Fitting - Mattle Black

Coolant: Distilled Water + Silver Coils

Fans: Rosewill Hyperborea 140mm Case fans (x3)

TwisterStorm (UCTS12A) 120mm Case fans (x3) or Corsair SP12 PWM High performance edition 120mm case fan (x3)

Anything you want to suggest or change, just comment, I will be happy to look it up and see if that's a good choice...

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Hey guys,

I just want to ask if those components are good enough for watercooling setup. You might notice that I have no water blocks, that's cuz it's for newer components coming this year - Haswell-E and Maxwell.

So here is it:

Radiator: EK Coolstream XTX (360) - top; EK Coolstream XTC (280) - front; EK Coolstream XTC (140) - rear

Tubing: PrimoChill Primoflex Advance LRT 15.9/9.5mm (ID 3/8", OD 5/8") - Blood Red

FittingBitspower G1/4 Threat 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD Compression Fitting - Mattle Black

TwisterStorm (UCTS12A) 120mm Case fans (x3) or Corsair SP12 PWM High performance edition 120mm case fan (x3)

Anything you want to suggest or change, just comment, I will be happy to look it up and see if that's a good choice...

Why no go all corsair fans?

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

Why no go all corsair fans?

Corsair does not have 140mm high pressure fans. People from Overclockers.com suggested me those as they have high pressure, more a lot of air and are quiet. If Corsair has better ones, with higher pressure, tell me. I am trying to get as much surface area on Radiator as possible and really that's the maximum I can get without modding.

For the 120mm fans I had no problem going with Corsair :) 

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Corsair does not have 140mm high pressure fans. People from Overclockers.com suggested me those as they have high pressure, more a lot of air and are quiet. If Corsair has better ones, with higher pressure, tell me. I am trying to get as much surface area on Radiator as possible and really that's the maximum I can get without modding.

For the 120mm fans I had no problem going with Corsair :)

sorry read it wrong. :| I read 240 rads.. Anyway Noctua to ugly for yah? :)

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

sorry read it wrong. :| I read 240 rads.. Anyway Noctua to ugly for yah? :))

Well, i really if you compare the stats of both fans, you will find out that both of them are kind of the same quality. Noctuas however have less pressure on water, and that's what draws me back, otherwise both have same bearings and both spin at low RPM.

sorry read it wrong. :| I read 240 rads.. Anyway Noctua to ugly for yah? :))

Or actually maybe you are right...I just saw that Noctua gives longer warranty, so I'm gonna with them only because of it...Yup!

The NF-F12s are a lot quieter and give a lot better performance the the SP120s

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

Hey guys,

So here is it:

you are not going to like the XTX360 (64mm thick) in the roof, will be a very difficult fit

for the RAM/MOSFET 'sinks/8-pin EPS.

this is with a 60mm thick XSPC RX360:

if you remove the 5.25" ODD bays and offset the radiator to the left, you might

save some room (doubtful).

you'll prolly run into breathing issues on mounting the 280 in the front intake point.

those hyperborea fans do flow some great air, but through the filter and limited air

supply crack on the front panel you'll have 13° warmer temps. i'd pass on the extra

140 on the rear i/o adds more failure points with limited temperature effect (2°?).

the SP/PWM are great, but the PE fans is way overboard and will not idle down

like the QE fans. you'll never need 2350rpm. i'd really opt for the 120 hyperborea

for matching, PWM and static pressure with low 16dBA noise. not as glamorous,

but quiet (reasons for water cooling) and functional.

you are not going to like the XTX360 (64mm thick) in the roof, will be a very difficult fit

for the RAM/MOSFET 'sinks/8-pin EPS.

this is with a 60mm thick XSPC RX360:

attachicon.gifCorsair 750D 002.JPG

if you remove the 5.25" ODD bays and offset the radiator to the left, you might

save some room (doubtful).

you'll prolly run into breathing issues on mounting the 280 in the front intake point.

those hyperborea fans do flow some great air, but through the filter and limited air

supply crack on the front panel you'll have 13° warmer temps. i'd pass on the extra

140 on the rear i/o adds more failure points with limited temperature effect (2°?).

the SP/PWM are great, but the PE fans is way overboard and will not idle down

like the QE fans. you'll never need 2350rpm. i'd really opt for the 120 hyperborea

for matching, PWM and static pressure with low 16dBA noise. not as glamorous,

but quiet (reasons for water cooling) and functional.

If the XTX does not fit, then I will mount it on TOP externally! I don't mind having a rad on top of my PC, in fact for me will look even more awesome... :D

Also, on the front, I will remove the panel and leave the fans open with the filter in front. In that case, you might recommend me putting an LED fans, but I will put LEDs myself around the fans. In fact, I will actually do a push/pull on the front with 140mm fans. 

Do you think Hyperborea are really that good fans? I only took them as good since they have high static pressure where Noctua fans lack but in fact Noctuas have a 6 year warranty (vs 3 year warranty on Hyperborea) and see to be even quieter, however, they are expensive. The deal is with Static Pressure against Warranty. I have no problem filling all my case with Hyperborea fans, but for the 140mm Noctua are just not of a match with only 2mmH2O, so im going to have to mix fans if I go with Noctua. 

If the XTX does not fit, then I will mount it on TOP externally! I don't mind having a rad on top of my PC, in fact for me will look even more awesome... :D

Also, on the front, I will remove the panel and leave the fans open with the filter in front. In that case, you might recommend me putting an LED fans, but I will put LEDs myself around the fans. In fact, I will actually do a push/pull on the front with 140mm fans. 

Do you think Hyperborea are really that good fans? I only took them as good since they have high static pressure where Noctua fans lack but in fact Noctuas have a 6 year warranty (vs 3 year warranty on Hyperborea) and see to be even quieter, however, they are expensive. The deal is with Static Pressure against Warranty. I have no problem filling all my case with Hyperborea fans, but for the 140mm Noctua are just not of a match with only 2mmH2O, so im going to have to mix fans if I go with Noctua. 

the difference between the NF-F12s and the Hyperboreas is 0.03 h2o so the static pressure is not a big difference to matter

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

the difference between the NF-F12s and the Hyperboreas is 0.01h2o so the static pressure is not a big difference to matter

whoa.. more to it than just pressure:

rpm, dBA, color and price.

yeah i know that. i was just clearing up the confusion about the pressure difference

Spoiler

the difference between the NF-F12s and the Hyperboreas is 0.03 h2o so the static pressure is not a big difference to matter

Don't you guys think that if I need extra cooling performance, I can force the fans to go faster and get my temps lower for higher OC? I mean, that's one reason to take higher RPM fans like SP120s?

Ok anyway - I will probably be better off filling up my case with Hyperborea fans...I am curious though, can I do Push/Pull with them or do i need the Noctuas for that? I head that those fans can be a problem with their design :/

Don't you guys think that if I need extra cooling performance, I can force the fans to go faster and get my temps lower for higher OC? I mean, that's one reason to take higher RPM fans like SP120s?

Ok anyway - I will probably be better off filling up my case with Hyperborea fans...I am curious though, can I do Push/Pull with them or do i need the Noctuas for that? I head that those fans can be a problem with their design :/

no need for push/pull with pressure like that. if you had poor static or nosiey fans,

then p/p is a choice (lowering the fan speed for noise and using two to make up

for lack of flow at lower rpm usage) and a catchy thing to say. plenty of rpm to dial

down for idle performance and quiet enough for 12v usage.

i like and use the SP120 QE PWM and the SP120 PE PWM are flat loud and dial

them down to acceptable the temperatures go up. but the hyperborea are better

in quieter and cooler at lower rpm speeds. 

no need for push/pull with pressure like that. if you had poor static or nosiey fans,

then p/p is a choice (lowering the fan speed for noise and using two to make up

for lack of flow at lower rpm usage) and a catchy thing to say. plenty of rpm to dial

down for idle performance and quiet enough for 12v usage.

i like and use the SP120 QE PWM and the SP120 PE PWM are flat loud and dial

them down to acceptable the temperatures go up. but the hyperborea are better

in quieter and cooler at lower rpm speeds. 

Well, ok, i was curious about p/p cuz the rad is 64mm thick and as Linus said, when rad is thick, a very high pressure fans are needed.

I saw those fans called "TwisterStorm" and "TwisterPressure". They are claimed to give pressure at more than 3mmH2O and up to 12mm H2O...I don't know how does that work but it's Enermax. They shew them on CES 2014, at least, Luke made a small video about them. They claim to be better than SP120s. So, anything you can say about them?