Recommendations needed for a budget laptop

So, I am looking to get a new laptop under 40~60K INR(Indian Rupees)

I am a student, and will mainly focus on software development.

What I will mainly be focusing on python dev, with a bit of c, and java and game once in a while.

I am expecting the laptop to also keep up with in future, maybe at least 5~6 years before I start earning.

*Also on a side note, I have a question, is ram mire important than cpu if I want to just do light code? My current laptop is 2 gb DDR3, and has an empty slot, so should I consider adding one?

20 minutes ago, NuubnessOverloaded said:

So, I am looking to get a new laptop under 40~60K INR(Indian Rupees)

I am a student, and will mainly focus on software development.

What I will mainly be focusing on python dev, with a bit of c, and java and game once in a while.

I am expecting the laptop to also keep up with in future, maybe at least 5~6 years before I start earning.

*Also on a side note, I have a question, is ram mire important than cpu if I want to just do light code? My current laptop is 2 gb DDR3, and has an empty slot, so should I consider adding one?

Look at used business laptops like Thinkpads. They've got pretty good battery life, pretty great keyboards, usually pretty easy to fix if necessary, and enough CPU power to be snappy and have code compile fairly quick. 

I'm not familiar with the Indian laptop market, so I don't really know what you should expect to get with that amount of money. That said, the T450 is probably the oldest one you should go for, and if you get get a newer T- series laptop with a quad core CPU (8th gen i5 or better) like the T480 within your budget, go for that. 

As for RAM vs. CPU, it really depends. 2GB of RAM is very low for 2021, and you will probably run into issues using that. That said, if you can upgrade your laptop to something closer to 8GB of RAM, it might be usable. Depending on what you're developing, the CPU will mainly control how long compiles take. Most software you write in school isn't that CPU intensive, so as long as the CPU you have isn't complete garbage (which it might be if you only have 2GB of RAM), upgrading the RAM might be the best idea.

My current cpu is Intel Pentium N375 @2.16 

and from what I have experienced, most of the time the laptop lags, even when the cpu graph isn't filled.

for the upgrade, I can only add a sodium of 2 gb, ddr3