Remote with HP laptop

My dear friends,

I purchased this laptop few years back and I got this tiny remote with it.

But it doesn't work with laptop.

I use laptop for listening mp3 music and thos remote control could come in handy.

Am I missing something?

Is there a chance to make it work?

Pics below of laptop and remote.

20211023_074221.jpg

20211023_074214.jpg

20211023_074152.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

It is just another IR remote IIRC, and my laptop had an IR receiver in the front. Worked for me out of the box, no pairing or anything like that.

Battery dead maybe?

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

I have an old laptop that had something similar but barely ever used and don't remember how it worked, but it might only work with the HP player software that was preinstalled...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

33 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

It is just another IR remote IIRC, and my laptop had an IR receiver in the front. Worked for me out of the box, no pairing or anything like that.

Battery dead maybe?

Replaced battery.

5 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

I have an old laptop that had something similar but barely ever used and don't remember how it worked, but it might only work with the HP player software that was preinstalled...

What HP software,bro?

I formatted and installed Win 7 but laptop was very slow,then reformat with Win XP.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

24 minutes ago, frozensun said:

What HP software,bro?

No idea how it's called, it's something that would have been preinstalled in the factory restore image. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

No idea how it's called, it's something that would have been preinstalled in the factory restore image. 

hmm maybe Windows Media Center?

On mine I think it was an HP-branded/customized version of a common think like cyberlink, but yes media center likely works (there's a button with its icon on the remote after all). 

F@H

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

On mine I think it was an HP-branded/customized version of a common think like cyberlink, but yes media center likely works (there's a button with its icon on the remote after all). 

yes I see a button too.

Let me try to find a WMC download and install.

Don't think if the software will enable remote to work but lemme try it.