PC randomly freezes during games

AlfredKwak

Hello,

Sorry I may not have all the information because I'm posting on behalf of a friend but I asked as much as I could, I'll get my hands on the PC in question next week to try and fix it.

So here's the deal : my friend ordered a PC on materiel.net back in January, it arrived fully setup, but he can't play a single night without the PC randomly freezing, he's forced to restart with a long press on the power button.

We played around 4h of Back4Blood the other day and his PC froze twice.
Doesn't happen on every game though.

Specs (link to the product in french)

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K
  • Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro RGB
  • MB: MSI Z390-A Pro
  • Memory: G-Skill 32Go DDR4 3000 MHz
  • Storage: Intel 660P NVMe 2To
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS XS OC
  • PSU: Be Quiet Pure Power 11 700W
  • Case: BeQuiet Silent Base 601 TG

Any idea what to look for ? Drivers are updated, temperatures seem very low (CPU 53°C / GPU 62°C). Another friend will pass by his house to check the BIOS version and potentialy flash a new one

Attached a pictures of the temperature when frozen and a picture of the inside of the PC

Thanks for your time !

received_413393083759904.jpeg

received_378034500723020.jpeg

5 hours ago, ET_Explorer said:

Thanks but B4B was just an example it happens in tons of different games, so much so he stopped using his computer because of it. He can't enjoy playing because he knows the PC is going to freeze at some point 

I finally got the PC in my hands and noticed the 2080 super 8pin and 6pin are plugged with a single cable (daisy chain) 

I'm suspecting this leads to the instability on high load. We'd like to stabilize the system while we wait for a new cable (he doesn't have the surplus cables anymore). Do you guys know if limiting the power draw via msi afterburner would avoid this problem?