CPU Cooler

TechiBoi

I am building a pc with 6 corsair ll120 fans with a ryzen 5 3600

I don't know which CPU cooler to choose

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, TechiBoi said:

With value in mind? The stock cooler, because its actually very capable so its always infinite in performance per dollar.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, TechiBoi said:

corsair ll120

Overpriced trash, removing them will easily get you a 5600x, swap for phanteks fsk or p120 bionix rgb (p120 has the performance of noctua + rgb + 2/3 noctua fan price)

41 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Overpriced trash

please don't use those words

You can use words like "No Need Of Those Fans"

and you are correct they are not good value

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

34 minutes ago, my name is guru iam tech said:

please don't use those words

You can use words like "No Need Of Those Fans"

and you are correct they are not good value

Yea maybe i should be less hostile with my word choice, maybe flaming pile of garbage would work?

Theres not really any proper word to describe how bad the value of a corsair ll fan is, gets smushed by even a 8$ arctic fan yet it sells for 35$ a peice, heck arctic p120 bionix rgb is like 60$ for 3 fans that are noctua level performance + rgb

Honestly im still baffled by the fact that ppl buy these seemingly (and prob) overpriced fans, could any user of this fan tell me any advantages over a better value fan such as phanteks fsk or p120 bionix rgb? Cause i currently see that these are inferior performance wise to even a 8$ arctic p12 fan

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Yea maybe i should be less hostile with my word choice, maybe flaming pile of garbage would work?

Theres not really any proper word to describe how bad the value of a corsair ll fan is, gets smushed by even a 8$ arctic fan yet it sells for 35$ a peice, heck arctic p120 bionix rgb is like 60$ for 3 fans that are noctua level performance + rgb

Honestly im still baffled by the fact that ppl buy these seemingly (and prob) overpriced fans, could any user of this fan tell me any advantages over a better value fan such as phanteks fsk or p120 bionix rgb? Cause i currently see that these are inferior performance wise to even a 8$ arctic p12 fan

might wanna push ppl towards P12 ARGB and not the P120  😛 

5 hours ago, TechiBoi said:

I am building a pc with 6 corsair ll120 fans with a ryzen 5 3600

Thanks.

Thermalright pa120. Comes in white or black or alu too.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

32 minutes ago, NorKris said:

might wanna push ppl towards P12 ARGB and not the P120  😛 

Oh right, p12 rgb is basically the same as a p120 but the p120 is a lil quieter than a p12, not like that matters when you are comparing it to a lesser performing fan like the ll anyways

Though could someone tell me why ppl buy these seemingly overpriced fans like corsair ll, nzxt aer, etc? Or is it just purely because of the lights and branding?

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Oh right, p12 rgb is basically the same as a p120 but the p120 is a lil quieter than a p12, not like that matters when you are comparing it to a lesser performing fan like the ll anyways

Though could someone tell me why ppl buy these seemingly overpriced fans like corsair ll, nzxt aer, etc? Or is it just purely because of the lights and branding?

P12 ARGB is cheaper, "smaller", better performing, quieter  😄 
the only thing the P120 ARGB has going for it is the cable management 

16 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Tell me any advantages over a better value fan such as phanteks fsk or p120 bionix rgb? 

LL's have better lighting options and there's value in aesthetics. How much that's worth and what's appealing depends on the person. 

How much would you value an rgb led strip? There's basically one around every LL fan. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

LL's have better lighting options and there's value in aesthetics. How much that's worth and what's appealing depends on the person. 

How much would you value an rgb led strip? There's basically one around every LL fan. 

Then i guess i can continue flaming them xD

I value rgbs very little to none, if i were to put lights on my pc it would prob be cheap led strips, atm i have a 92mm lighted fan that came with my cheap chinese tower

Fr tho, 35$ for a fan that gets smushed by an 8$ arctic p12 i will not hesitate to flame xD

If the only justifications for these fans are asthetics and customization then asthetics theyd do fine but customization? Yea with the amount of generic rainbow builds out there not gonna happen unless you do something ridicolous like taking apart a case and running your pc as on open testbench

36 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

If the only justifications for these fans are asthetics and customization then asthetics theyd do fine but customization?

Corsair LL fans with separate lighting zones are more customizable than most other rgb fan options. For example:

http://cwsmgmt.corsair.com/responsive/videos/ll_series/ll_P1000120.mp4

http://cwsmgmt.corsair.com/responsive/videos/ll_series/ll_P1000115.mp4

I think these are QL and not LL but still fairly impressive:

QL_Gate.gif

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

10 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Corsair LL fans with separate lighting zones are more customizable than most other rgb fan options. For example:

http://cwsmgmt.corsair.com/responsive/videos/ll_series/ll_P1000120.mp4

http://cwsmgmt.corsair.com/responsive/videos/ll_series/ll_P1000115.mp4

I think these are QL and not LL but still fairly impressive:

QL_Gate.gif

Eh still pretty boring and generic looking, 35$ for a lil bit of flare when a 10$ fsk will work just fine

When i see a build that has overpriced rgb stuff obv my reaction would be

Spoiler

329981374_download(6).jpeg.16919330785b2b4817a7b6fa90cb8db5.jpeg

Ah well if they like ricer pcs or have the top of the line stuff already then its fine i guess though i still absolutely despise overpriced rgb crap cause it doesnt add any performance at all

The price of 1 corsair ll is enough to get one of the best fsb overclocking board on lga 775 aka the gigabyte ep45 mbs