Figuring out dual monitor set up for new office- 2x 32 inch G7s worth it ?

Hi guys, I am battling back and forth between what to do for my new office set up. I primarily use my set up for school currently but I game in my limited fatherhood off time. I have been saving up for a while so budget is not that big of an issue but I don’t want to go over $1500. 

My battle is is it worth having 2x 32 inch G7s or should I have 1 g7 and some 4k 60hz monitor as my side monitor ? My comp has an i9 10850k and a 3090 in it so it can handle whatever I go with I think. 

I keep running into the issue of how annoying it would be for my set up to have two monitors that don’t match at all, but I also lean slightly more to the practical side of it it works well then looks aren’t as important.

im hoping you guys may have some guidance here as I’m stuck. 

thanks ! 

i would go 2 *32 G7

it will be a dream come true setup

but if you can save up some more

G9 Neo is the god of monitors in any meaningful way

Depending on what you do, having a 4k display would help

I personally lean on 1440p144 and 4k60, would be cheaper too

Not too fond of Samsung displays at the moment, they're having a lot of reported issues for something that cost so much

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 hours ago, Alireza said:

i would go 2 *32 G7

And both monitors have horrible QC issues so i would advise agains them for any usecase.

They have good specs on paper, but are plagued with issues in reality.

@OP

2 Gigabyte M28U's should fit right into your budget. This is a great 4K 144Hz monitor that pretty much fits all your needs.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

9 hours ago, Alireza said:

i would go 2 *32 G7

Ya I watched a few videos with the G9 Neo and the main complaint was its tough to use for an all day monitor. They reviewers I watched also said its really a gaming monitor and other things are just awkward on it. And I mainly spend my time in classes or working and only game on the side. 

8 hours ago, Moonzy said:

Depending on what you do, having a 4k display would help

I personally lean on 1440p144 and 4k60, would be cheaper too

Not too fond of Samsung displays at the moment, they're having a lot of reported issues for something that cost so much

A 4k display does sound good. I just want two monitors that somewhat match.  But staying on budget sounds good as I've already raised my monitor budget by $500 from 1k to $1500. 

4 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

And both monitors have horrible QC issues so i would advise agains them for any usecase.

They have good specs on paper, but are plagued with issues in reality.

@OP

2 Gigabyte M28U's should fit right into your budget. This is a great 4K 144Hz monitor that pretty much fits all your needs.

I'm really surprised that the monitors have awful QC measures as I've read the guides posted here and the Samsung G7 was the top of the list. I just found two of the m28u's on Newegg for $800 each which goes slightly over my budget but it is my dream set up so.....sorry wife (don't tell her). Thanks for the input. Anything to be aware of with the M28U's? 

5 minutes ago, 333666666333 said:

I just found two of the m28u's on Newegg for $800 each which goes slightly over my budget but it is my dream set up so.....sorry wife (don't tell her). Thanks for the input. Anything to be aware of with the M28U's?

There was a small problem where the input lag is slightly worse than some competitors on launch, but there is a firmware fix available. If you buy new they should already come with the new firmware, otherwise you can use a flash drive or USB cable to your PC to update it yourself.

Other than that it's basically the best 28" (or 27"-class) 4K 144Hz monitor on the market while conveniently also being one of the cheaper ones.

(Verdict from RTINGS.com)

image.png.7fe2f25c0c6b0629a7d544c122afc9da.png

Full video review if you're interested:

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Stahlmann said:

There was a small problem where the input lag is slightly worse than some competitors on launch, but there is a firmware fix available. If you buy new they should already come with the new firmware, otherwise you can use a flash drive or USB cable to your PC to update it yourself.

Other than that it's basically the best 27" 4K 144Hz monitor on the market while conveniently also being one of the cheaper ones.

Full review if you're interested:

Thanks for the review I'll check that out. 

The only M28U's I can find are the 32inch and they are priced at $800 ea on Newegg. I'm tempted to get two of the 27 inch ones just to stay in budget but I can't find them in stock anywhere. Any suggestions? The 27 inch appears to be sold out everywhere.

Just now, 333666666333 said:

Thanks for the review I'll check that out. 

The only M28U's I can find are the 32inch and they are priced at $800 ea on Newegg. I'm tempted to get two of the 27 inch ones just to stay in budget but I can't find them in stock anywhere. Any suggestions? The 27 inch appears to be sold out everywhere.

It's so popular it's basically sold out everywhere. (big surprise in 2021)

Sadly i also couldn't find one in stock.

Either way, the 32" M32U is also good with slightly slower response times, but still offering the same features and specs as the M28U.

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

It's so popular it's basically sold out everywhere. (big surprise in 2021)

Sadly i also couldn't find one in stock.

Either way, the 32" M32U is also good with slightly slower response times, but still offering the same features and specs as the M28U.

Gotcha gotcha. Thanks for the help, I'll keep looking for the 27 inch but if I can't find it I'll go for two of the 32's most likely.