5760x1080 Graphics card

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Save up for at least a 780/290.

Hey guys,

I’m about to buy a new graphics card and need some help. I previously owned a GTX660 and a HD7870. I switched between them from time to time. The reason, for me to abandon and sell them, is Assetto Corsa that I recently bought. It is a great game, but since I planned to add a second monitor to my setup for a long time, why not adding two (for a total of three 1080p monitors)? This would result in an awesome gaming experience. Unfortunately not with the graphics cards I own.

So what cards out there are good for 5760x1080 gaming? The card would need quite a lot of video memory, because Assetto Corsa uses 1,5GB on my single 1080p monitor.

My budget is 350€ which, at the time would get me a 4GB GTX770 or a 3GB R9 280X. Are these cards capable of gaming at such high resolutions? Or should I get another GTX 660 and Crossfire them?

Cheers, Sirtoby

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

Not across all of them at decent settings. Game on one. Also whatever is cheaper. 

I don't think you can find a card in that price range.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

This.

Intel core i5-3570k @ 3.4 GHz - Sapphire Radeon HD7870 Ghz OC Ed 1050/1250 - Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD - G.Skill 8 GB's DDR3-1600 MHz 

Asus Z77-A mobo - Windows 7 64 bit - Corsair raptor HS30 headset - Corsair CX600 600w PSU - CM hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler

It can run crysis.

Save up for a 290, your 7870/660 should last until you can afford it

Wont there be the problem, that I run out of video memory?

Anyways, I just saw that I can get a 290 for 350€-380€

Thank you for your help. I completely forgot that the 290(x) price madness is only a thing in the USA.

The 290 is really the only way to go

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]