Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NEED HELP IN OVERCLOCKING RAM!!!

Rohit2469
 Share

Hi guys. I need help in overclocking my CRUCIAL BASICS 8GB 2666Mhz CL19 1.2V ram. It's a GREEN PCB, NO HEATSINK ram.. I have a ryzen 5 3400G, and since the vram is shared, stability is very important!!! I want to overclock it to 2933mhz, but Idk how much voltage to change. Also I'm unsure if this ram can withstand the overclock since it doesn't has any heatsink. Can someone please help me on this, I don't want to try myself and brick/crash my computer. I have an msi b450 pro vdh max. Would be really helpful. Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rohit2469 said:

I have a ryzen 5 3400G, and since the vram is shared, stability is very important!!!

Sell your current RAM and get a 2x8GB 3200C16 kit back. For the best atability you look for a Crucial Ballistix kit BL2K8G32C16U4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Sell your current RAM and get a 2x8GB 3200C16 kit back.

Hope I could do that. My dad won't agree tho. I should manage with what I have 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most RAM "heatsinks" are actually just for show, they do nothing or often make cooling even worse.

You can definitely go to at the very least 1.35V to keep everything perfectly safe even without any airflow over the sticks.

 

Get Memtest86 (for free) for RAM stability testing or RAM Test from Karhu Software (paid... but significantly faster).

 

And uhm... you can find many RAM overclocking guides online, just have in mind that it's tedious and you need a lot of time for stability testing or don't even bother unless you like to tinker and spend hours or even days on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Most RAM "heatsinks" are actually just for show, they do nothing or often make cooling even worse.

You can definitely go to at the very least 1.35V to keep everything perfectly safe even without any airflow over the sticks.

 

Get Memtest86 (for free) for RAM stability testing or RAM Test from Karhu Software (paid... but significantly faster).

 

And uhm... you can find many RAM overclocking guides online, just have in mind that it's tedious and you need a lot of time for stability testing or don't even bother unless you like to tinker and spend hours or even days on it.

Thanks a lot. That was helpful

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×