M.2 NVMe Slot Change

I am currently able to switch the position my M.2 SSD. It is my boot drive for windows 10 and Arch Linux.

Since it is only a 250GB drive there is a good chance i will need to upgrade soon. 

My MB (Msi MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon) features 2 M.2 Slots (both PCIe 4x Gen 3).

Can i move it without messing up anything? Because i wont be able to move it later once its covered up by the gpu. I wouldnt be able to access the lower slot.

Also i wasnt sure if this is the right place to ask as this is MB and Storage at the same time but i referred to here because there is more traffic of people.

20211016_141537.jpg

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

You may need to change the boot drive in BIOS, but otherwise it should work just fine. The speed difference between the two slots is minimal since they're both Gen 3.

According to the manual, the only issue is that it disables two of the SATA ports (5 and 6) if you use both M.2 slots.

34 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

According to the manual, the only issue is that it disables two of the SATA ports (5 and 6) if you use both M.2 slots.

That isnt going to be a problem. And rn i am not even using both of em.

34 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

You may need to change the boot drive in BIOS, but otherwise it should work just fine. The speed difference between the two slots is minimal since they're both Gen 3.

Ok ty. 

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

53 minutes ago, rafe_28 said:

That isnt going to be a problem. And rn i am not even using both of em.

If you do have an issue, try moving the port you have a SATA drive plugged in right now. It doesn't say it explicitly, but there could still be a conflict if the bottom slot in-and-of-itself disabled the ports. The chart seems to assume you'd always use the top slot first.

17 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

If you do have an issue, try moving the port you have a SATA drive plugged in right now. It doesn't say it explicitly, but there could still be a conflict if the bottom slot in-and-of-itself disabled the ports. The chart seems to assume you'd always use the top slot first.

Ok good to know. How do i know which port my sata is plugged in rn?

Spoiler