I Don’t Understand… help

ImBallistK
Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,
14 minutes ago, Dr_badwolf said:

... ... ... bro im trynna help, are you flexin at me?

You gave the OP unhelpful information as what you were trying to describe is lacking the details he'd need to perform that action. 

14 minutes ago, ImBallistK said:

GIGABYTE b450m DS3H WiFi in one of them. 

F60 is the earliest BIOS revision that will support a 5600x. Since we can't boot up, we don't know what it has. Additionally, that board has no BIOS flashback capability so you'll need a compatible CPU (Ryzen 3000 or older) in order to test if that is the issue.

Ryzen 5 5600x ( New )

with wraith cooler

Tforce 8gb RAM ( New )

GeForce 1030ti ( New )

Unit 1 has b450 
Unit 2 has b550

Installed but the PC(s) will not boot or display and USB ports do not work or register peripherals. Board error lights say CPU RAM but i literally just went and returned them again for new ones again and I’m getting the same issue on 2 different units. Yes I have installed it correctly. But what would cause this I’m so stumped.

Your description of this build is quite confusing. What motherboard(s) do you have? Have they both been updated to support Ryzen 5000?

Oh I know it’s extremely confusing to me as well. They are cyberpower pre builds, One has a B450m gigabyte and the other has a B550am ASROCKam and were gutted of CPU GPU RAM. I don’t and have never messed with them but I bought these for my son who is 7 and had extra new parts laying around figuring I could install them for a good budget build. 

I didn’t mean to click whatever I just clicked haha. But the guy said he had installed his 32g of RAM and Ryzen 7 before shipping to me to make sure it booted but I think he was lying at this point.

14 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Your description of this build is quite confusing. What motherboard(s) do you have? Have they both been updated to support Ryzen 5000?

Oh I know it’s extremely confusing to me as well. They are cyberpower pre builds, One has a B450m gigabyte and the other has a B550am ASROCKam and were gutted of CPU GPU RAM. I don’t and have never messed with them but I bought these for my son who is 7 and had extra new parts laying around figuring I could install them for a good budget build. 

23 minutes ago, ImBallistK said:

Ryzen 5 5600x ( New )

with wraith cooler

Tforce 8gb RAM ( New )

GeForce 1030ti ( New )

Unit 1 has b450 
Unit 2 has b550

Installed but the PC(s) will not boot or display and USB ports do not work or register peripherals. Board error lights say CPU RAM but i literally just went and returned them again for new ones again and I’m getting the same issue on 2 different units. Yes I have installed it correctly. But what would cause this I’m so stumped.

If the diag light says ram
Then its [Ram] or [Ram controller]
Ram controller is part of the CPU... Thus is the CPU.
My money is on the CPU being damaged.
... that said... 
There is the ever so tiny possibility that its a bent pin.
Use a razer blade, a hypodermic needle (it has a tiny flat side for prying) and a hotplate @ No higher than 110 degrees. 
(gloves of course.)

2 minutes ago, ImBallistK said:

You could, but B450 and early B550 boards will not have a BIOS compatible with Ryzen 5000 without being updated. Exactly what you described happening is exactly what you'd get with an older/incompatible BIOS. Unless you can answer my original question and list the motherboards, I can't really help you with how to get them updated.

1 minute ago, Dr_badwolf said:

If the diag light says ram
Then its [Ram] or [Ram controller]
Ram controller is part of the CPU... Thus is the CPU.
My money is on the CPU being damaged.

It’s the second one I’ve installed in both of them. They are both brand new. I just don’t see it being possible. Atleast I’d hope it wouldn’t be.

3 minutes ago, rickeo said:

You could, but B450 and early B550 boards will not have a BIOS compatible with Ryzen 5000 without being updated. Exactly what you described happening is exactly what you'd get with an older/incompatible BIOS. Unless you can answer my original question and list the motherboards, I can't really help you with how to get them updated.

... you shove a fat32 with the bios.cap in the back and hold the bios button... 

Just now, Dr_badwolf said:

... you shove a fat32 with the bios.cap in the back and hold the bios button... 

I know from quite a lot of experience doing this with all the vendors boards, there is some critical details you're leaving out.

Just now, rickeo said:

I know from quite a lot of experience doing this with all the vendors boards, there is some critical details you're leaving out.

3 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Just get you a ryzen 1600G for 50ish bucks as a tester.
(or whatever you find on sale.)
BONUS: you got a GPU you can put in the extra Machine.
dont spend more than 60 tho.
(thats my personal rule for testers)

3 minutes ago, Dr_badwolf said:

(or whatever you find on sale.)
BONUS: you got a GPU you can put in the extra Machine.
dont spend more than 60 tho.
(thats my personal rule for testers)

I will definitely look into that I appreciate it. I do have a couple extra GPUs laying around. I’m trying to figure out how to open bios on the AsRock b550am with out peripherals since the USB ports are not working. 

GPU meaning, its an "APU" a {"CPU with a GPU in it"}
Its an AM4 CPU that will work in those boards.

14 minutes ago, Dr_badwolf said:

You gave the OP unhelpful information as what you were trying to describe is lacking the details he'd need to perform that action. 

14 minutes ago, ImBallistK said:

F60 is the earliest BIOS revision that will support a 5600x. Since we can't boot up, we don't know what it has. Additionally, that board has no BIOS flashback capability so you'll need a compatible CPU (Ryzen 3000 or older) in order to test if that is the issue.

11 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Yep... weve gone over this already.

22 minutes ago, Dr_badwolf said:

1600G?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

6 minutes ago, Spotty said:

1600G?

Good catch: My bad.
I thought there was a 1600 series APU.
its the 2000 series.
probably thinking about the 4600g

16 minutes ago, Dr_badwolf said:

Good catch: My bad.
I thought there was a 1600 series APU.
its the 2000 series.
probably thinking about the 4600g

There were no 1000-series APU's but the 2000-series ones are all Zen 1 architecture.

You can't buy a 4600G either, though it does exist. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16