Project Black & Copper Fractal Design R4

TheCrazyPope

Cool

Did you just use spray paint?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Is that a h100 in the top? I've got an R4 and always wondered whether i could fit a radiator in it  

It should be black and gold, also you should make it such that this song plays when you open the front. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Is that a h100 in the top? I've got an R4 and always wondered whether i could fit a radiator in it  

yes its an H100i on the top.... it's really tight to fit the sabertooth z77 motherboard and the H100i

Cool

Did you just use spray paint?

Thanks.... and yes I just used spray paint.... I'm also planning on doing a metal plate to cover up those wires in the back....

You can fit pretty much any 240mm out there since the mounting in the top is off set so the VRM heatsinks wont interfere. My H220 fits beautifully.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Thanks.... and yes I just used spray paint.... I'm also planning on doing a metal plate to cover up those wires in the back....

any tips on spray painting?  yours turned out really nice.  I already spray painted my parts just wondering for future reference.  but I found it took several layers for the paint to stick.  I tried sanding first of course but I don't know if I sanded too much?  Or not enough?  lol

You can fit a 240mm rad in an R4 on the top or in the front.  I'm surprised that you didn't know that about your r4! lol

Edit - Checked out your profile and I'm confused you have a rad in your r4 with your h220.. so why are you wondering if you can fit a rad the r4 case?

nice color scheme! I'm left thinking you can do a better job cleaning up though :)

any tips on spray painting?  yours turned out really nice.  I already spray painted my parts just wondering for future reference.  but I found it took several layers for the paint to stick.  I tried sanding first of course but I don't know if I sanded too much?  Or not enough?  lol

I used the following product:

post-56172-0-57886800-1397243127.jpg

I just sprayed the parts until i got a equal cover then let it dry 24 hours, then if needed another coat.....

(first time modding my case I think I did a alright job :) )

I though someone outdid me with copper tubing lol

Nice job with the painting, it makes me want to paint mine blue.

Thanks...... I always wanted to paint the white to something different and then one day I did it...... Once my corsair H100i completely dies on me I'm thinking of going with a custom loop