need headphones advice

thrasher_565

so i got the Bose QuietComfort 35 used off ebay but there hot make my ears sweet. but im happy with my Sony MDRG45LP for my pc and bed but ive been listing to music on the bus and wanted an sound canceling headphones but not ones that make my ears sweet. its only a 40 mini bus ride but still. i do use an mp3 player as im old school... so 3.5mm jack is needed thow you can buy 3.5mm to blue tooth as well witch could be an option.

i watch a twitch streamer Zisteau and he said he uses an Audio-Technica ATH-AD900 witch is open back. i want it quiet for other people on the bus even thow some people are loud af... maybe not looking to spend $300 but some ware in between.

dont care about base.

i have a small head if that matter

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

English Second Language?

Would you consider earbuds or do you prefer OTE?  Do you just want closed back, or do you require them to be ANC?

5 hours ago, IPD said:

English Second Language?

Would you consider earbuds or do you prefer OTE?  Do you just want closed back, or do you require them to be ANC?

whats ote? or anc?

i dont no what i need thats why im asking... i think i need a over ear open back?

i want headphones that are quite on the out side and not ,make my ear sweet.

oh no ear buds

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

So you need Over The Ear (OTE).  And you want Closed Back for passive noise cancellation.

All OTE have the potential to cause you to "Sweat" given enough wear time.

There are really only 3 options I would suggest for OTE cans with ANC.

Sony WH-1000xm2 (or 3 or 4)  2's are about $150 currently.  3's are ~$225.  4's are $350

Bose Quiet Comfort 35 (or 45) 3's are $250.  4's are $330

Sennheiser PXC 550ii  - these are down to ~$150

---

There's really no way to say which is going to be best for you--without you actually testing them yourself.  IMHO, Sennheisers tend to weigh less, feel the least cumbersome, and don't interfere with my glasses.  YMMV.

9 minutes ago, IPD said:

So you need Over The Ear (OTE).  And you want Closed Back for passive noise cancellation.

All OTE have the potential to cause you to "Sweat" given enough wear time.

There are really only 3 options I would suggest for OTE cans with ANC.

Sony WH-1000xm2 (or 3 or 4)  2's are about $150 currently.  3's are ~$225.  4's are $350

Bose Quiet Comfort 35 (or 45) 3's are $250.  4's are $330

Sennheiser PXC 550ii  - these are down to ~$150

---

There's really no way to say which is going to be best for you--without you actually testing them yourself.  IMHO, Sennheisers tend to weigh less, feel the least cumbersome, and don't interfere with my glasses.  YMMV.

i have the bose Quiet Comfort 35. maybe ill try it on the bus its only 40 mints so should be fine i guess

what is the difference form open back to closed?

open back allows ambient sound to permeate.  it also creates a better soundstage, which is why all high-end cans will have open backs.  closed is for blocking out ambient sound, but they (passive) will never be as effective as active noise cancellation.

12 minutes ago, IPD said:

open back allows ambient sound to permeate.  it also creates a better soundstage, which is why all high-end cans will have open backs.  closed is for blocking out ambient sound, but they (passive) will never be as effective as active noise cancellation.

got it thx.