Good CPU cooler for a LGA 1366 Socket B?

MrJunez

So I have a motherboard taken out of a Dell Precision T5500 and I am wondering if there are any CPU Coolers you guys would recommend? This board is very much none Proprietary so it can fit any cooler really. I plan on running dual x5980s in this Motherboard in the future.

I also have another question on Northbridge and SouthBridge Cooling, I was planning on buying a 52Pi ice tower for these but unsure if i should. I plan on running this as a server.

Thanks to anyone that can help me out and give me information and recommendations.  

19 minutes ago, MrJunez said:

So I have a motherboard taken out of a Dell Precision T5500 and I am wondering if there are any CPU Coolers you guys would recommend? This board is very much none Proprietary so it can fit any cooler really. I plan on running dual x5980s in this Motherboard in the future.

I also have another question on Northbridge and SouthBridge Cooling, I was planning on buying a 52Pi ice tower for these but unsure if i should. I plan on running this as a server.

Thanks to anyone that can help me out and give me information and recommendations.  

My memory is that generally messing with the northbridge and south bridge coolers was in most cases considered a bad idea. Applied mostly to the later stuff though.  T5500 was a workstation though which means it was more or less built to the level of your intended purpose so I suspect things will be fine there.  Dell doesn’t have incompetent engineers.  It’s their consumer sales and marketing arm that seems to get the most raspberries blown at it.  This was never a consumer machine.  I bow to almost any other expertise in this area though as it is likely greater than mine.  There were early boards with inadequate cooling iirc. When you say non-proprietary I’m assuming it has a socket then which begs the question of what is in or going into that socket. Xenon 5600 series was what it was built for but there were a lot of heat ranges there. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, MrJunez said:

Just buy a cheap lga 1366 stock copper cooler since you cant really overclock on those boards anyways

Nb sb cooling just shove a tiny fan over em and thatll be enough

there 2 coolers one is a aluminum heat sink and the other a micro tower witch you can zip tie a 80mm fan to. as for aftermarket coolers depends on the holes i guess if there appropriator or not.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

41 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Just buy a cheap lga 1366 stock copper cooler since you cant really overclock on those boards anyways

Nb sb cooling just shove a tiny fan over em and thatll be enough

I really want to put a aftermarket Cooler since this is going to be a server I want to have it get its best cooling it ever had other then OEM

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

My memory is that generally messing with the northbridge and south bridge coolers was in most cases considered a bad idea. Applied mostly to the later stuff though.  T5500 was a workstation though which means it was more or less built to the level of your intended purpose so I suspect things will be fine there.  Dell doesn’t have incompetent engineers.  It’s their consumer sales and marketing arm that seems to get the most raspberries blown at it.  This was never a consumer machine.  I bow to almost any other expertise in this area though as it is likely greater than mine.  There were early boards with inadequate cooling iirc. When you say non-proprietary I’m assuming it has a socket then which begs the question of what is in or going into that socket. Xenon 5600 series was what it was built for but there were a lot of heat ranges there. 

One of the bridges that doesn't have a fan tends to get realllly hot compared to the other one (that was a tiny oem fan) the one with the fan was still kinda hot till I replaced the thermal paste and added Grizzly Kryonaut paste in both bridges. Now the bridge that has the tiny fan doesn't get hot anymore but the other one without a fan and just a aluminum heatsink gets extremely hot. I plan to run 2 x5680 in the future but for now just one x5680. I was thinking of replacing the one in the bottom right with a raspberry pi's cpu cooler. The 52Pi Low profile in the picture Product Image View 2Dell Precision T5500 Workstation Motherboard CRH6C LGA 1366 [T5500  Motherboard CRH6C] - $149.50 : Professional Multi Monitor Workstations,  Graphics Card Experts

24 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

there 2 coolers one is a aluminum heat sink and the other a micro tower witch you can zip tie a 80mm fan to. as for aftermarket coolers depends on the holes i guess if there appropriator or not.

The holes follow a normal LGA 1366 Socket B mounting

1 hour ago, MrJunez said:

I really want to put a aftermarket Cooler since this is going to be a server I want to have it get its best cooling it ever had other then OEM

A lga 1366 stock cooler is enough considering you arent ocing, not like 95c is dangerous at all when you are prob only gonna run at 1.1-1.2v, heck you could prob go up to 105c and youll still be fine

Tbh i think a 1366 stock cooler should be adequate for your use, should get you around 70c if you arent ocing

10 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

A lga 1366 stock cooler is enough considering you arent ocing, not like 95c is dangerous at all when you are prob only gonna run at 1.1-1.2v, heck you could prob go up to 105c and youll still be fine

Tbh i think a 1366 stock cooler should be adequate for your use, should get you around 70c if you arent ocing

If I choose not to go for a stock cooler what would be a viable option?

15 minutes ago, MrJunez said:

If I choose not to go for a stock cooler what would be a viable option?

A cheap 4 heatpipe 92mm chinese tower would prob work fine, id say spend 15$ on cooling at most, pref around 10$ since no oc = no need for expensive cpu coolers

the stock tower cooler is prity good i dont even think a different cheap cooler will do much better unless it has like 2 towers. a zip tied fan to it will probably get it to like 65. i no i compared it to my thermalright extreme 120 tower cooler and temps were simler. and that was the best 1366 tower cooler at the time.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Is there currently any kind of cooler at all?  This may be a “buy no cooler” thing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.