Got a weird one for ya...

KRISTECH93

Lately I started playing Cities Skylines again, and as usual i play the game with mods. I do notice that everytime I try to load the loading screen mod, which is probably one of the best mods out there, tells me that the game is asking for around 18-19GB of memory.

Unfortunately, I'm capped at 16.

I don't have any trouble playing the city, I mean there are a few stutters and the odd slowdown but nothing gamebreaking. so gameplaywise everything is fine. 

When i go to shut the game down however, the game crashes as i shut the game down. As to why i dont know. But everytime i try to shut down the PC, there is still power to the fans and the motherboard. this only happens when i shut the computer down after playing cities skylines. Even if I let it sit for awhile. after closing the game.

It powers on fine again afterwards. no problem and last night i thought i'd try again WITHOUT even opening the Cities, and sure enough, computer powers down without issue. 

What gives? not enough memory, memory running too hot?

Specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X, 1st gen

2x Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 Mhz 8GB sticks

MSI Gtx 970 Zero Frosr

Asus Rog Strix X570-F Gaming Motherboard

Asus Rog Strix 750W PSU

4x Cooler Master 120mm fans mostly running at 2000 rpm in a balanced cnofig

I think you are having some issues here with either a bad driver or cities skylines MAJORLY messing up a process in windows.

So basically DDU your gpu driver and install the latest one and reinstall cities skylines on steam.

31 minutes ago, KRISTECH93 said:

mods

Does it do this if you play without mods? If not, then there is your answer

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Okay, now I'm thinking windows is corrupted. I tried to shut the comp down yesterday and was just spinning on the shut down screen for a good 10-20 minutes before i killed it. I think Windows reinstall is in order.