What Was Valve Hiding? - Steam Deck Teardown Reaction

jakkuh_t

4.) Screw Organization
- Ive always used "Constellation" organization.
I put them into a pattern on a desk or a mag-mat in sections equating the steps I took it apart.
I also do hypothetical extreme positioning, basically thinking [Distance from] relevant to [top] and

as opposed to fractional distance.

11 hours ago, Dr_badwolf said:

2.) Second Point
- A torque wrench-driver is indeed overkill... but if you really wanna be paranoid and certain... by all means, im not going to sh** on it.

this was mostly related to some screws that are made out of plastic? think it was so. Where too much or wrongly put or just taking them out and in, is going to mess them up. as plastic is soft, and the torque is there to help and can be useful for other things or to meet spec if certain parts has to be a certain way? (AMD torque wrench for CPU coolers)

11 hours ago, Dr_badwolf said:

3.) Static has never been as issue with me... dont rub it on carpet.
Ive even worked on computers on a carpet, I just know to tap something big, metal and grounded, while also not wearing wool socks.

this is mostly a legal thing, also mostly to show that you can do some of these things but valve don't want to mess around with people that accidently or purposely do this and know this is at your own risk.