Graphics card doesn’t seem to be working. At all.

dragondonut123

Hi, my system boots alright but the screen recently started to have errors very similar to how it becomes when there aren’t any drivers. This starts to happen straight from the login screen. I’ve tried to update drivers so many times without any fix.

In device manager it says windows has stopped the device because it has reported problems(code 43)

I tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling without any luck. It’s a new computer that I assembled and was not having this problem until very recently when I had to change out the motherboard. The graphics card is used but it was working perfectly before. 

Any help would be appreciated!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 minute ago, dragondonut123 said:

Hi, my system boots alright but the screen recently started to have errors very similar to how it becomes when there aren’t any drivers. This starts to happen straight from the login screen. I’ve tried to update drivers so many times without any fix.

In device manager it says windows has stopped the device because it has reported problems(code 43)

I tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling without any luck. It’s a new computer that I assembled and was not having this problem until very recently when I had to change out the motherboard. The graphics card is used but it was working perfectly before. 

Any help would be appreciated!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Error 43

Windows 10. This error occurs when your graphics device driver has notified Windows that the device isn't working properly. This may mean that the device has a hardware problem, or that the driver or driver software is failing.

2 minutes ago, dragondonut123 said:
Spoiler

image.jpgimage.jpg

These pictures alone is usually a sign of VRAM issues (meaning your card most likely has a hardware issue). Some GTX1080s were prone to VRAM failures due to insufficient cooling, what card exactly do you have?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Finnegan1616 said:

Error 43

Windows 10. This error occurs when your graphics device driver has notified Windows that the device isn't working properly. This may mean that the device has a hardware problem, or that the driver or driver software is failing.

Yeah that’s what I read too, but updating drivers does nothing and when I uninstall drivers and try to install them again, Nvidia installer says this driver is not compatible with the current windows version. My windows version is the latest windows 10 release and the graphics driver is also the most recent Nvidia driver.

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

These pictures alone is usually a sign of VRAM issues (meaning your card most likely has a hardware issue). Some GTX1080s were prone to VRAM failures due to insufficient cooling, what card exactly do you have?

I have a Zotac gtx 1080 mini, temperatures on the included motherboard software used to be fine when I could see them. Now I can’t even see them because the driver has been stopped

2 minutes ago, dragondonut123 said:

I have a Zoltax gtx 1080 mini, temperatures on the included motherboard software used to be fine when I could see them. Now I can’t even see them because the driver has been stopped

Yup, your card is precisely what I meant. "Mini" cards in particularly never come with sufficient cooling or VRMs. Sadly, there is a very good chance that you are atleast looking at getting it repaired or at worst replacing the card.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

Yup, your card is precisely what I meant. "Mini" cards in particularly never come with sufficient cooling or VRMs. Sadly, there is a very good chance that you are atleast looking at getting it repaired or at worst replacing the card.

Is there anything I can do individually? Or has the damage already occurred?

Just now, dragondonut123 said:

Is there anything I can do individually? Or has the damage already occurred?

You cannot do anything, repair is needed and even that is not guaranteed to fix the card.

1 minute ago, Levent said:

You cannot do anything, repair is needed and even that is not guaranteed to fix the card.

Damn. That’s really sucks. 
Thank you for the help tho!

Just a quick update/ detail-

I reseat the graphics card and went into the bios to reset it just in case and when I logged back in the problem seems to be gone at the moment. I can see Nvidia control panel and the device manager shows the device correctly, this had happened the last time too but it didn’t last long the last time. Does this have something to do with the graphic card heating up over time or something in the bios…. I’m just trying to find things that I can do because I REALLY don’t want to wait more or potentially even get the device replaced….