Android Tablet or Chromebook

Hi All,

I'm trying to decide between getting an android tablet or a Chromebook for my mom, whose primary need for the device will be taking online classes, doing her other teaching duties using MS office(primarily word and excel) and entertainment. 

I wanted to know if anyone has experience using mostly the MS word and Excel apps full time on either Android, or via office web on Chromebook(now that MS has stopped support for the Android apps on the chromebook)

i know that the feature gap is big between the full windows desktop apps and the options mentioned above, however, i wanted to compare these two because the budget i have for this device is a little tight, and i know that buying a cheap windows laptop wont help at all with the performance. 

The price gap between the tablets and the Chromebooks we're looking at in not very different, and i will buy a BT mouse and keyboard if we go for a tablet. 

Also, anything else to note about the Chromebook experience would be nice!

Thank you so much! 😄 

The moment you said office chromebooks and android tablets became a pretty poor option.

I'd just recommend a decent used dell,hp,lenovo,... (the ex business ones) laptop with an i5 3rd gen or newer, 8gb of ram and a ssd.

Android tablets kinda just suck at being tablets overall so for sure don't get that. Chromebooks for office experience also just kinda suck. So neither is a good options. You are basically picking between terrible and bad options here. I'd just suggest the used windows laptop route.

Tablet < Chromebook < Laptop

A real keyboard is better than a screen, or small tablet keyboard.

If she is grading papers and zooming all day, the right device is going to be important.  If you have the means, I highly recommend a laptop, even a used on.