Recommend me 65/60% mechanical keyboard for ~100 euros.

DontBeSillyWrapYourWilly

Hello there.

It is time to change a keyboard for me and i'm looking for your suggestions and recommendations! I'm currently using this one https://modecom.com/en/volcano-lanparty-rgb/ ( not sure which switches i have though , havent cleaned it in a while ) and even though i think it's a great keyboard for a price it is starting to show it's age.

My main 'requirements' are :

1. 65 or 60 % form factor as i have limited space on my desk.

2. Some light RGB to at least be able to match solid colors with rest of my setup. I dont need anything too fancy though as i use very little RGB only for ambience.

3. Around 100 euros/US dollars

4. Mechanical ? 

5. I dont understand enough about switches to have a certain need for specific ones but i'm only using this setup for gaming.

Thank you very much , guys !

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black

5 hours ago, DontBeSillyWrapYourWilly said:

Hello there.

It is time to change a keyboard for me and i'm looking for your suggestions and recommendations! I'm currently using this one https://modecom.com/en/volcano-lanparty-rgb/ ( not sure which switches i have though , havent cleaned it in a while ) and even though i think it's a great keyboard for a price it is starting to show it's age.

My main 'requirements' are :

1. 65 or 60 % form factor as i have limited space on my desk.

2. Some light RGB to at least be able to match solid colors with rest of my setup. I dont need anything too fancy though as i use very little RGB only for ambience.

3. Around 100 euros/US dollars

4. Mechanical ? 

5. I dont understand enough about switches to have a certain need for specific ones but i'm only using this setup for gaming.

Thank you very much , guys !

Solid non-swappable boards you could go with are Ducky one 2 mini(60%), Ducky one 2 SF(65%). Anne pro 2(60%), Durgod hades(65%). The GMMK compact is a decent 60% board and you have the option to change switches in the future.  Keychron K6 is a wireless 65% board and hotswapable. There's are a few budget options on Amazon like RK royal and Epomaker that make some boards, they don't have the best build quality but for the price they'll useable.

Bump!

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black

Plenty of options to choose from, but you need to nail down the type of switch you want on your keyboard.  I can't pull up specs on your current keyboard that easily, but it looks like Cherry MX Blue is probably the closest match for the existing switches you are using.

Really though, you need to test switches yourself.  Or at least do a LOT of research on the varieties out there--so you can come to a consensus on what you want.  First you need to determine if you like Linear, Tactile or Clicky.  From there, it further breaks down into activation force, primary and secondary travel length, etc.  There's a lot of comparison vids out there, so research it a bit so you at least are in the ballpark.

It's not just a "whatever" option.  Pick the wrong switch, and the keyboard can sound like Chinese Water Torture; have zero tactile feedback; or make you feel like you need to do hours of fingertip pushups every day.  A great, feature laden keyboard can be completely ruined by bad switches.

I am swapping from a membrane KB, so I picked Silent Reds.  Might not be a perfect transition for me, but it's at least close to what I'm already used to.

GK61/64 are budget 60% and 65% boards that are pretty cheap. Currently the plastic case versions are going around 75 bucks on Banggood but I got mine for 54 bucks awhile back and they used to go on sale fairly often. If you want a metal version, you'll have to go up in price a bit to around the ~110 to 120 dollar range but from what I can tell all the metal case versions of the GK64 are all OOS on every site I've checked so far.

10850k @5.0GHZ | Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 | ASUS Prime Z490-A | EVGA 2080 TI XC Ultra Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB @3200 MHZ | Corsair Air 540 | CoolerMaster MM720 | Artisan Zero Soft | Tofu65 w/ Tealios V2