How do I turn off my frame-capper?

Hi! I was having an issue with my FPS recently (5 minutes ago) and thought to myself; "Hmm, I wonder who I should ask for help?"

After I did a bit of troubleshooting and probably overlooked some settings in MSI Afterburner and GeForce Experience, I popped on over to ehem, lttstore.com and then the good ol' LTT Forums.

So the issue I've been having is my FPS in everything, chrome, MC and shaders, desktop, everything is capped at 40 FPS. (To give you an idea of normally what I'd get running Minecraft with shaders, were looking at around 60 - 120 FPS depending). I first saw that I was getting 40 FPs in MC and went "Okay, maybe 20 render distance is a bit much here..." so, just to make sure, I turned my render/draw distance down to 2, and still only 40 FPS. (Since as mentioned before I am using shaders, so naturally I was using OptiFine as well) I checked my frame-cap for OptiFine and it was set to unlimited so here I am left confused. I thought: "OH! I set the polling rate for my Frame Counts in MSI Afterburner to the max! That could be it!" So I set it back down to 100, and I went up from 39 FPS, all the way up tooooooooooo .... 40. SO that wasn't it. I checked GeForce Experience Settings, I checked MSI Afterburner settings, everything (almost, well just probably not lol) and I didn't fine anything.

I am only 11 and am in-experienced relatively speaking and I would like my Minecraft's 800 FPS back! (please)

Small update a few minutes later; my FPS is now capped at 60 FPS, I didn't change anything other than make this post, which is odd, oh and by the way I am on a laptop running Win 10 and I am at full battery charge so that's definitely not the problem, Lenovo Vantage is unrelated.... I think....

go to the monitoring tab in settings(msi afterburner), and then click "more" at the bottom. should see the options there.

If all else fails go to the Nvidia control panel (not GF Experience) and under 3D settings you can find the limiter and disable under global settings.

TYSM for helping out here and giving me some of your time, but neither of these worked. I either don't have the "more" button in Afterburner, and Max FPS isnt on in nVidia Control Panel. I tried running my sytem today to see if it's fixed and its still capped....... any other foreseeable solutions?