Windows 11 gaming error (Apex Legends - mass effect) problem with game setup.

m9x3mos
Go to solution Solved by m9x3mos,
14 hours ago, m9x3mos said:

Haven't tested them on windows 11 before today. Same hardware on windows 10 (main drive) work perfectly fine. But I did try the beta (closest to the release version) and dev because of that reason. 

For such large titles and given that the os will be officially released this month I would expect them to work (even if they have bugs).

I just figured it out. Need to install direct x to get the older versions on a clean install. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Hello all, 

I have been running windows 11 beta and dev on a number of machines and have had no problem. Recently I decided to try it on my gaming machine (on a secondary drive) and with Apex legend and mass effect I am getting this error

"There is a problem with your games setup. Please reinstall your game."

I have tried repairing and reinstalling the games and that hasn't fixed it. 

I have the latest geforce driver and everything is up to date. Even reinstalling origin didn't help nor using the steam version of apex either. 

Anyone else run into this? 

52 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

Hello all, 

I have been running windows 11 beta and dev on a number of machines and have had no problem. Recently I decided to try it on my gaming machine (on a secondary drive) and with Apex legend and mass effect I am getting this error

"There is a problem with your games setup. Please reinstall your game."

I have tried repairing and reinstalling the games and that hasn't fixed it. 

I have the latest geforce driver and everything is up to date. Even reinstalling origin didn't help nor using the steam version of apex either. 

Anyone else run into this? 

Have the games ever worked on a Windows 11 machine for you? Do they work fine via Windows 10 on the same hardware? Windows 11 is considered beta software not yet ready for production systems, so it's expected that things may break (even if they were working fine at one point) until the final version is released.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

Have the games ever worked on a Windows 11 machine for you? Do they work fine via Windows 10 on the same hardware? Windows 11 is considered beta software not yet ready for production systems, so it's expected that things may break (even if they were working fine at one point) until the final version is released.

Haven't tested them on windows 11 before today. Same hardware on windows 10 (main drive) work perfectly fine. But I did try the beta (closest to the release version) and dev because of that reason. 

For such large titles and given that the os will be officially released this month I would expect them to work (even if they have bugs).

14 hours ago, m9x3mos said:

I just figured it out. Need to install direct x to get the older versions on a clean install. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, vk_biz said:

Absolute LEGEND !!! been trying for days and just saw this!! my hero 

Glad that helped. I was spinning my gears on this a while too.