No Display on new Build I've tried everything and need HELP PLEASE

I recently built a new PC to replace my current build and upon boot up at the windows lock screen I lose display signal and my monitor goes to sleep please help:

Specs:

-Asus Rog VIII Crosshair Formula

-AMD Ryzen 9 5900x

-WD Black SN850 M.2 1TB x2

-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600mhz 8gbx4

-Asus Rog Thor 850w PSU

-Asus Rog Strix 3080TI OC

My motherboard is updated to the newest BIOS. I've tried reseating my gpu and ram. I've also tried booting with 1 stick of ram. I've checked all my psu cables, used different ones, tried an entirely new psu. I've also tried every display port on the gpu including hdmi. At that point I thought maybe I got unlucky and received a DOA gpu so I returned it and got a brand new one but still the same problem occurs. I have also tried different monitors but still nothing. I do not recieve in error beeps or lights on the motherboard. Everything POSTs in the BIOS. PLEASE HELP.

is your keyboard connected? lol

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, adarw said:

is your keyboard connected? lol

Keyboard, mouse, and monitor connected and thats all just the bare minimum until I can figure it out

Try reinstalling windows. That seems like the next logical step.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

12 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

Try reinstalling windows. That seems like the next logical step.

Reformatted and reinstalled still same problem

9 minutes ago, Froppy said:

You may running into the same issue just like me https://linustechtips.com/topic/1377025-bios-update-issue-no-vga-signal-keyboard-and-mouse-not-light-up/.
But seem like your keyboard and mouse still working, mine not.
Maybe try clearing the CMOS memory then load BIOS default setting to see if it fixed the problem.

Tried to use the button on the mobo and removed battery, nothing

3 minutes ago, JaegarOne said:

Reformatted and reinstalled still same problem

Ok well in that case. Try booting linux ubuntu or manjaro. I know it sounds counter productive but if you can get linux running with nvidia drivers and run some kind of stress test (https://www.maketecheasier.com/stress-test-graphics-card-linux/) then you can rule out a hardware issue and focus on it being a windows issue. If linux does not run then thats most likely a hardware problem.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

15 minutes ago, JaegarOne said:

Tried to use the button on the mobo and removed battery, nothing

Seem like Asus MOBO BIOS update suck, one last thing I will try is to flash with the old bios, if that won't fix, I may try new mobo, same to you.

First thing I'd try is using a different video cable between monitor and video card. If you used HDMI, try DisplayPort.  Maybe the HDMI port is screwed, either on the video card, or on the monitor, or your hdmi cable is bad.   It seems you already did that. Good.

Then if possible, I'd try to test parts individually ... at the moment it seems you don't know if the monitor is working, and you don't know if the video card is working. 

Do you get a "No signal" displayed on the monitor when there's no cables connected to it? Can you access the OSD, can you switch between inputs? If you can get some OSD and switch between inputs, then again first thing I'd do is check with a DisplayPort cable or HDMI cable, the cable that's different to the one you already tried. 

Being able to interact with the monitor already decreases the chances of it being the issue.

As for the video card, the easiest to test it would be to go to a friend with it and ask him to plug the card in his system to see if it works. If a friend is not available, go to a local It store that has some warranty/service department or a laptop/computer repair place, give them a 5-10$ tip and ask them to plug the card in a computer, just to check that it works. 

If the video card works in a friends computer or at the store, it's obviously not the card that's a problem.

You could try the monitor with a friends computer or a laptop but a monitor is a big harder to move around and you probably used it before with other computers so you know it's working. 

So until now you managed to check things for free or for a small tip... now you could ask a friend to loan you a video card to test your motherboard with other video cards, or you could buy a 10-20$ video card from ebay/craigslist/facebook marketplace but that may take a lot of time. 

Did you try moving the video card from the top slots to the bottom slot that's driven by the chipset? Could be one of those pci-e lane muxer/splitter chips that converts between x16 or 2 x8 on the motherboard is faulty... or it could be some bug or incompatibility with pci-e 4.0 that's coming directly from CPU

Connecting the video card through the chipset may be a workaround in that case and at least get you some image to go in BIOS and/or maybe force the main slot to pci-e x8 or turn it down to pci-e 3.0

The bios could also be messed up into thinking your cpu has integrated graphics and it may default to the mobo outputs as primary outputs and not initialize video cards. You should be able to flash a different bios, maybe an older bios version using bios flashback (remove cpu from socket , plug usb stick in the back, push button, wait 1-2 minutes or until mobo says it's done through led or whatever)

The no beeps thing is a concern.. either you have no beeper connected or it could be the bios never finishes initializing.

btw, if it's first time you start a new system it can take up to a minute or so for the bios to initialize, test memory, do its internal things, and then you may get some image on display. If you were so impatient as to turn off power if no display within seconds, then maybe it's just this.. be patient for 1-2 minutes . 

10 hours ago, mariushm said:

First thing I'd try is using a different video cable between monitor and video card. If you used HDMI, try DisplayPort.  Maybe the HDMI port is screwed, either on the video card, or on the monitor, or your hdmi cable is bad.   It seems you already did that. Good.

Then if possible, I'd try to test parts individually ... at the moment it seems you don't know if the monitor is working, and you don't know if the video card is working. 

Do you get a "No signal" displayed on the monitor when there's no cables connected to it? Can you access the OSD, can you switch between inputs? If you can get some OSD and switch between inputs, then again first thing I'd do is check with a DisplayPort cable or HDMI cable, the cable that's different to the one you already tried. 

Being able to interact with the monitor already decreases the chances of it being the issue.

As for the video card, the easiest to test it would be to go to a friend with it and ask him to plug the card in his system to see if it works. If a friend is not available, go to a local It store that has some warranty/service department or a laptop/computer repair place, give them a 5-10$ tip and ask them to plug the card in a computer, just to check that it works. 

If the video card works in a friends computer or at the store, it's obviously not the card that's a problem.

You could try the monitor with a friends computer or a laptop but a monitor is a big harder to move around and you probably used it before with other computers so you know it's working. 

So until now you managed to check things for free or for a small tip... now you could ask a friend to loan you a video card to test your motherboard with other video cards, or you could buy a 10-20$ video card from ebay/craigslist/facebook marketplace but that may take a lot of time. 

Did you try moving the video card from the top slots to the bottom slot that's driven by the chipset? Could be one of those pci-e lane muxer/splitter chips that converts between x16 or 2 x8 on the motherboard is faulty... or it could be some bug or incompatibility with pci-e 4.0 that's coming directly from CPU

Connecting the video card through the chipset may be a workaround in that case and at least get you some image to go in BIOS and/or maybe force the main slot to pci-e x8 or turn it down to pci-e 3.0

The bios could also be messed up into thinking your cpu has integrated graphics and it may default to the mobo outputs as primary outputs and not initialize video cards. You should be able to flash a different bios, maybe an older bios version using bios flashback (remove cpu from socket , plug usb stick in the back, push button, wait 1-2 minutes or until mobo says it's done through led or whatever)

The no beeps thing is a concern.. either you have no beeper connected or it could be the bios never finishes initializing.

btw, if it's first time you start a new system it can take up to a minute or so for the bios to initialize, test memory, do its internal things, and then you may get some image on display. If you were so impatient as to turn off power if no display within seconds, then maybe it's just this.. be patient for 1-2 minutes . 

My PCIE Slots are set to Gen 3 but same problem in any slot, also monitor works with other devices etc., and have now tried 2 different 3080s in this build now same result everytime. But as I said I can see BIOS and I can boot in Safe Mode but if I boot normally I lose display at Lock Screen.