Computer Hardware

I would like to know Info of Hardware which makes the Computer faster and increase performance

33 minutes ago, Rugash004 said:

I would like to know Info of Hardware which makes the Computer faster and increase performance

There are different kinds of performance.

1. If you want it to boot fast, getting a SSD would be the best way to get there.

As long as the SSD has Cache, it doesn't really matter, which one you choose.

You would only notice a difference if you move tons of data.
Take a look at our SSD TIER LIST.

2. Office work. For office work or just webbrowsing an Intel Core i3 or Ryzen 3 is totally fine. They have 4 cores nowadays. Get one with an integrated iGPU. So you dont need a graphics card.
RAM: 8 GB is fine for this purpose.

3. Gaming performance is about a good graphics card and single core CPU performance.

For gaming 4-6 cores are totally fine. So something like a Ryzen 5 or Intel Core i5 is great.
If you are on a tight budget, a Core i3 or a Ryzen 3 is still okay.

The graphics card depends on the resolution.

1080p: GTX 1050 TI, GTX 1650, GTX 1650 super, GTX 1660, GTX 1660 super depending on your budget and settings.

1440p: RTX 2070 super, RTX 3060
4K: RTX 3070, RTX 3080

RAM: 16 GB should be fine for now. If you have 4 slots, get 2x8GB and you can easiely upgrade to 32 GB later.

4. Workstation performance. If you want to calcutate a lot of stuff like using blender, compile big programs or things like that, more CPU cores can save you some time. Blender also runs better with a good graphics card.

CPU: Intel Core i7, Ryzen 7, Intel Core i9, Ryzen 9, AMD Threadripper

Graphics card: Totally depending on what you want to do.

RAM: Depending on what you want to do: 16 GB to 64 GB or even more.

Motherboards and power supplies are just needed to handle your components and provide some connectors you want.

If you decided for the other components, we can help you with these.
There is also a PSU Tier List.

My build:

CPU

Intel Core i7 9700 8x 3.00GHz So.1151

CPU cooler

be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim

Motherboard

MSI B360-A PRO Intel B360 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX

RAM

16GB (4x 4096MB) HyperX FURY black DDR4-2666

GPU

8GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX2070 WindForce 2X 3xDP/HDMI

SSD

500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280

HDD

4000GB WD Red WD40EFRX Intellipower 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s

Power Supply

bequiet! Straight Power 750W Platinum

Case

Fractal Design Define R6
3x bequiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM

1 hour ago, Rugash004 said:

it really depends what you mean by "fast"

- If you feel your computer is taking too long to boot into windows, an ssd would most likely help.
you can find what an ssd is here: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-HDD-and-SSD-in-laymans-terms

- If you find that you aren't able to run the games you want to run anymore, you most most likely need a gpu, cpu or ram upgrade. but before you upgrade, read the following:

* Ram = 16gb is generally considered the sweet spot for gaming as of now, make sure your motherboard supports the correct ram generation (ddr2, ddr3, ddr4), also check if your pc uses sodimms(smol ram) or full size dimms(big ram)
  * CPU = check that your motherboard supports the cpu you're planning to get. check if your psu will be able to run it without a problem. generally, 4 cores would be enough for gaming right now, but it really depends on the specific cpu as having the same number of cores does NOT mean that they're equal. i suggest you search for benchmarks of the specific CPUs you want to get on youtube (do NOT rely on cpuuserbenchmark, they are not at alll reliable)

* GPU = Check if you're motherboard has a pcie 16x slot, as most GPUs capable of gaming uses that slot. Check if your psu has connectors needed for some GPUs, and if it has enough wattage to run it. As with the cpu, i suggest you watch some benchmarks of the speicif gpu you're planning to get (AVOID gpuuserbenchmark, unreliable information)

If you want people to help you with upgrading, give them details about your computer's specs, budget, usecase and location (country) so they can help you make the best choice!

Feel free to @ me if you have any questions!
Please press the button if you think my advice was helpful! Thanks!

"Min-Maxing may not always be the best thing to do, but I will always try." - Me, 2021

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-Zotac gtx 970 (the wimpy version)
-256gb V-gen nvme ssd (@ me if you want to know how I gave my P67 board NVME support)
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 2:41 PM, Rugash004 said:

Depens on what yor starting with and what your using it for

I found ssd, processor, and good softwares to be most important for performance for all tasks. GPU for graphics intensive work. 

Sudo make me a sandwich