does gsync work on everything or only demanding gpu usage games..

nelska

Because like wouldnt a 4k video rendering take a lot of gpu usage. Or does it not work like that at all. explain. please. lol. i am just wondering if its push and pull on everything and not just games that are rendering surroundings. like does it help with camera auto focus. 

Do you have any idea on what gsync is? Gsync matches FPS output of the an app that runs fullscreen to the monitor, reducing input lags and providing smoother experience. Gsync does nothing you are talking about.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

24 minutes ago, Levent said:

Do you have any idea on what gsync is? Gsync matches FPS output of the an app that runs fullscreen to the monitor, reducing input lags and providing smoother experience. Gsync does nothing you are talking about.

so a youtube video running at 60fps isnt going to be gsynced to 60fps? itll just stay 240hz because my monitor is 240hz i should have mentioned that. does it gsync youtube videos? it would in theory run them at 60 fps? no? instead of showing 4x the frames because the monitor itself is set to 240hz. 

19 minutes ago, TheEpicDuck said:

I am very confused by your question.

check my other reply to levent.

Just now, nelska said:

so a youtube video running at 60fps isnt going to be gsynced to 60fps? itll just stay 240hz because my monitor is 240hz i should have mentioned that. does it gsync youtube videos? it would in theory run them at 60 fps? no? instead of showing 4x the frames because the monitor itself is set to 240hz. 

You might be able to enable gsync on the desktop, I havent had one to comment on that.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

You might be able to enable gsync on the desktop, I havent had one to comment on that.

not sure whats going on because I know browsers have gsync disabled. so im wondering if i download the youtube app and gsync it enabled. itll window gsync the video to its correct display rate. 

7 hours ago, nelska said:

At 240hz it doesn't matter.

For 60hz content, if the monitor refreshes the same image four times at 4.16ms each, or a single fresh for 16.66ms, it's functionally the same for the viewer.

30 and 24fps content will also divide evenly into 240hz.  So it's irrelevant.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade