Upgraded from 2070 Super to 3080 ti and getting WORSE performance.

Bobman108
1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

You don't have GSync on do you?

i do have it on

Just now, Bobman108 said:

i do have it on

Turn it off and see what your performance is. GSync locks the FPS out of the GPU to the monitor's refresh rate.....

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

5 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Turn it off and see what your performance is. GSync locks the FPS out of the GPU to the monitor's refresh rate.....

about the same. 110 fps and 70-80 gpu and cpu

5 minutes ago, Bobman108 said:

about the same. 110 fps and 70-80 gpu and cpu

When you did DDU, did you only reinstall the latest drivers through GeForce experience? If so, try an older driver. Newest might be having issues.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

11 minutes ago, Bobman108 said:

70-80 gpu and cpu

Check cpu on ALL cores , use MSI afterburner OSD, not taskmanager or something,  sounds like you're maybe cpu bound... and no, you shouldn't get worse performance than with a 2000 series card, but on the other hand it does kinda sound like what you should be getting,  of course if you're cpu bound that would improve with a better cpu... *you* need to check these things while game is running,  we can't really do that for you. 

Also xmp yes, of course, why is that not on?

And well faster ram will maybe give you a few fps, if you're not cpu or otherwise bound, totally not worth it at all imo.

So, yeah, check your cpu usage on *ALL* cores for now.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

18 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Check cpu on ALL cores , use MSI afterburner OSD, not taskmanager or something,  sounds like you're maybe cpu bound... and no, you shouldn't get worse performance than with a 2000 series card, but on the other hand it does kinda sound like what you should be getting,  of course if you're cpu bound that would improve with a better cpu... *you* need to check these things while game is running,  we can't really do that for you. 

Also xmp yes, of course, why is that not on?

And well faster ram will maybe give you a few fps, if you're not cpu or otherwise bound, totally not worth it at all imo.

So, yeah, check your cpu usage on *ALL* cores for now.

The end of the graph is after the match ended so the usage dropped there

While gaming CPU Usage.png

Also its great you did some benchmarks,  but no offense,  I'll just have to conclude you're just expecting way too much from this hardware 

693763127_Screenshot_20210929-183240_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.88b3600b41b95c9336999b40e7bcab03.jpg

I mean, you could get the fastest  cpu, probably a better motherboard and the fastest ram you *will* see "some" improvements,  if thats worth it for you, you have to decide. 

But yeah, there doesn't seem to be an issue at all with this hardware. 🤔

(Yes, I should have checked the benchmarks earlier 👀 )

PS: that cpu usage also seems normal to me, on all cores in such a scenario, you're probably slightly cpu bound tho...

It kinda boils all down to are you satisfied with your hardware or not??

If not you'll have to upgrade basically everything except the GPU,  and even then... it won't get a whole lot better you already have the best GPU out there 🤷‍♂️

Edit: 2070 super

792170517_Screenshot_20210929-190920_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.0fe8c56bd96a4dcd517ab1ee907e417d.jpg

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/23098341

Its way worse, obviously *according to your own test

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

35 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Also its great you did some benchmarks,  but no offense,  I'll just have to conclude you're just expecting way too much from this hardware 

693763127_Screenshot_20210929-183240_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.88b3600b41b95c9336999b40e7bcab03.jpg

I mean, you could get the fastest  cpu, probably a better motherboard and the fastest ram you *will* see "some" improvements,  if thats worth it for you, you have to decide. 

But yeah, there doesn't seem to be an issue at all with this hardware. 🤔

(Yes, I should have checked the benchmarks earlier 👀 )

PS: that cpu usage also seems normal to me, on all cores in such a scenario, you're probably slightly cpu bound tho...

It kinda boils all down to are you satisfied with your hardware or not??

If not you'll have to upgrade basically everything except the GPU,  and even then... it won't get a whole lot better you already have the best GPU out there 🤷‍♂️

Edit: 2070 super

792170517_Screenshot_20210929-190920_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.0fe8c56bd96a4dcd517ab1ee907e417d.jpg

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/23098341

Its way worse, obviously *according to your own test

im honestly considering just changing out the cpu and motherboard and getting faster and more ram because i've messed up my sleep schedule trying to fix this lol. At least its not the gpu at fault like I was initially thinking. everyone that has tried diagnosing the problem has said the gpu is performing as intended. It just bothers me that this dude is hitting 180+ with the same settings as me and I struggle to get 120 consistently. In the main hub area I'm only getting 90, where my 2070 super was always triple digit fps numbers.