Upgraded from 2070 Super to 3080 ti and getting WORSE performance.

Bobman108
2 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Just an FYI, Your ingame Graphic settings almost always get reset when you put in a new GPU, are you sure you actually Matched the EXACT same settings?

I put everything back to recommended settings after windows and driver install, no difference in performance.

1 minute ago, Bobman108 said:

I put everything back to recommended settings after windows and driver install, no difference in performance.

IT just honestly sounds like your in game settings are drastically different. 3080ti on reccomended will get set to higher settings then a 2070super sometimes and that will affect things. When testing for this stuff, you have to do apples to apples. So putting in a 2070 super, copy those exact graphical settings in destiny 2 then try it and see, and if it is having bad results well that may be a dud. Generally when dealing with this stuff its good to test various games just to get a clear picture, youve done a few others. 

3 minutes ago, Bobman108 said:

Recommended is for your current set up. Higher tier GPU, higher settings=same performance.

Set the settings to the same as with the 2070S and you'll probably see your improvement.

That or you aren't using enough PCIE cables. You're using all separate cables and not a pigtailed one right?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

Recommended is for your current set up. Higher tier GPU, higher settings=same performance.

Set the settings to the same as with the 2070S and you'll probably see your improvement.

That or you aren't using enough PCIE cables. You're using all separate cables and not a pigtailed one right?

No change. I should have mentioned that the GPU seemingly caps itself at 70% usage because when I use lower settings, I get slight improvements in fps, but a max of 70 GPU usage.

In Destiny 2, I have the exact same settings (max with motion blur off) as the 2070 super because the game is really easy to run and get 120-200 easy. However, the 3080TI was only getting 90-120. 

1 minute ago, Bobman108 said:

GPU seemingly caps itself at 70% usage

How many different PCIE cables are you using?

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

6 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

IT just honestly sounds like your in game settings are drastically different. 3080ti on reccomended will get set to higher settings then a 2070super sometimes and that will affect things. When testing for this stuff, you have to do apples to apples. So putting in a 2070 super, copy those exact graphical settings in destiny 2 then try it and see, and if it is having bad results well that may be a dud. Generally when dealing with this stuff its good to test various games just to get a clear picture, youve done a few others. 

No, they are the same. When I use lower settings, I get the around the same fps some how... like it refuses to go over a certain number depending on the game.

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

How many different PCIE cables are you using?

Are those the cables that go into the GPU? If so, three.

23 minutes ago, Bobman108 said:

Are those the cables that go into the GPU? If so, three.

Are they on the same lane? Are you running any splitters? Or are you running each PCI-E cable off it's own connector from the PSU to the GPU?

System Specs: (Click Expand)                                              

"Beatrix"

• CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D
  • Motherboard GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS Pro Wi-Fi
  • RAM 2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200mhz CL16
  • GPU Gigabyte Eagle RX 6700XT
  • Case Corsair Crystal 280x
  • Storage 1x Samsung 980 Pro (1TB) 1x Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500GB) 1x Samsung 860 Evo (1TB)
  • PSU EVGA G5 850W
  • Display(s) 27" Viewsonic XG2705
  • Cooling Corsair H100i Elite Capellix AIO | 4x QL120 RGB fans | 2x QL140 RGB fans
  • Keyboard Logitech G Pro
  • Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed /w Powerplay
  • Sound Logitech G Pro Wired
  • Operating System Windows 10 Professional 21H1

6 minutes ago, PwnyTheTiger said:

Are they on the same lane? Are you running any splitters? Or are you running each PCI-E cable off it's own connector from the PSU to the GPU?

Yeah, they're all running through its own connector.

You mind getting GPU-Z and running a benchmark with it open? A screenshot of GPU-Z under load might give some more insight as to what is going on exactly.

"Beatrix"

• Storage 1x Samsung 980 Pro (1TB) 1x Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500GB) 1x Samsung 860 Evo (1TB)
  • PSU EVGA G5 850W
  • Cooling Corsair H100i Elite Capellix AIO | 4x QL120 RGB fans | 2x QL140 RGB fans

14 minutes ago, PwnyTheTiger said:

You mind getting GPU-Z and running a benchmark with it open? A screenshot of GPU-Z under load might give some more insight as to what is going on exactly.

I screenshotted during time spy

GPUZ During Time Spy.png

That's clearly not enough of a load to see what's actually going on, Furmark would be best as it'll stress much harder, even the Perfcap Reason says the card is pretty much idle.

"Beatrix"

• PSU EVGA G5 850W

13 minutes ago, PwnyTheTiger said:

That's clearly not enough of a load to see what's actually going on, Furmark would be best as it'll stress much harder, even the Perfcap Reason says the card is pretty much idle.

How about this?

1123412831_Annotation2021-09-28214310.png

Card appears to be working as intended based off what I'm seeing in GPU-Z which would indicate one of the problems listed above from other users, if there actually is an issue but tbh I think it's the games forcing much higher presets based off your new hardware. Otherwise, perhaps a driver issue, Afterburner/OC Tuning software issue, or settings within games issue. But seeing as you already ruled most of those issues out, I'm truly stumped. Do you have a Gen4 PCI slot? Try running it at full speed and see if it helps at all since the card is Gen4 capable. 

"Beatrix"

• PSU EVGA G5 850W

13 minutes ago, PwnyTheTiger said:

Card appears to be working as intended based off what I'm seeing in GPU-Z which would indicate one of the problems listed above from other users, if there actually is an issue but tbh I think it's the games forcing much higher presets based off your new hardware. Otherwise, perhaps a driver issue, Afterburner/OC Tuning software issue, or settings within games issue. But seeing as you already ruled most of those issues out, I'm truly stumped. Do you have a Gen4 PCI slot? Try running it at full speed and see if it helps at all since the card is Gen4 capable. 

no, I'm gen 3 only. I  think gen 4 is 11th gen intel cpus?

36 minutes ago, Bobman108 said:

no, I'm gen 3 only. I  think gen 4 is 11th gen intel cpus?

Truuuee. My bad... Idk what to tell you here my man, it all looks fine on GPU-Z. If you feel like maybe it is the card, I'd certainly start the RMA process before the card is out of warranty but tbh I think it's working just fine. I think you're overlooking something, a setting or number of settings in those games compared to the old card.

"Beatrix"

• PSU EVGA G5 850W

5 hours ago, PwnyTheTiger said:

Truuuee. My bad... Idk what to tell you here my man, it all looks fine on GPU-Z. If you feel like maybe it is the card, I'd certainly start the RMA process before the card is out of warranty but tbh I think it's working just fine. I think you're overlooking something, a setting or number of settings in those games compared to the old card.

I did another stress test and noticed in my first run it was idle for a majority of the time. Then i did another one and it showed the PerfCap Reason  was, i guess, active for a bit, but quickly went to idle. The full picture is the first run, the second run is the gpuz only picture.

1345617556_Annotation2021-09-29042314.thumb.png.72d5da302623665e36da4ce6ae452f56.png

GPUZ 1.png

No, your card functions completely properly,  100%tdp and 99%usage there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it.

So it must be some settings/ driver issue etc... seems odd. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

No, your card functions completely properly,  100%tdp and 99%usage there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it.

So it must be some settings/ driver issue etc... seems odd. 

dang. im trying everything and still no change. I installed COD Cold War because its a lot more demanding than Destiny 2. Set everything to max settings, Ray Tracing Ultra, DLSS Quality, and the only thing I changed was motion blur to only be my character's model. 
Stable FPS, but somehow doesn't max the GPU all the time. and fps was always staying around 120, the same number I get on Destiny and Witcher 3. Why does my GPU only go to 120 fps lol.

I saw a suggestion on another forum where someone got a slight fps boost on their 3080 by turning on xmp and was recommended to get faster ram, could that work for me? Just want to know before I go and dump 200 bucks on something that might be unecessary. 

6 minutes ago, Bobman108 said:

installed COD Cold War because its a lot more demanding than Destiny 2.

What's your CPU usage in Cold War and D2?

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

I believe it was 60-70. i just remember it not being high and thinking it wasn't a cpu bottleneck

9 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

I went back on the game and loaded a multiplayer match. I'm getting around 60-80 Cpu and 60-80 GPU usage. is that a bottleneck?

Just now, Bobman108 said:

I went back on the game and loaded a multiplayer match. I'm getting around 60-80 Cpu and 60-80 GPU usage. is that a bottleneck?

You don't have GSync on do you?

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?