Motherboard won’t power up if I use mounting screws?

JamesP88
4 minutes ago, heimdali said:

That's a good sign; I would think it's shorted out somehow when inside the case.

As in something in the back of the mobo is touching something it shouldn’t be on the chassis? 

18 minutes ago, heimdali said:

That's a good sign; I would think it's shorted out somehow when inside the case.

I’ve just gone from 60m/h to 400 with your help, you deserve a big pat on the back. But really thanks for all of that even if I was doing silly things but hey I’m learning. Don’t know what I’m gonna do about this chassis though apart from reseat all the raising mount things and make sure they are screwed in correctly with the adequate screws hmmm. Thank you sir 

Sounds like a good plan.  Once the board sits evenly on the mounting screws, it should work.  But who knows, there are really crappy cases out there and mayby something makes contact where it shouldn't ...

4 minutes ago, heimdali said:

Sounds like a good plan.  Once the board sits evenly on the mounting screws, it should work.  But who knows, there are really crappy cases out there and mayby something makes contact where it shouldn't ...

Ok I’ll have a play around and see what happens. Thanks again I really appreciate it. I needed that extra coin right now losing a job and that. Honestly cheered me up a lot! 🙂

If anything fails, you could always mount it on a piece of plywood 😉 It might be a fun project to build a case with only the scrap pieces you might get at places like home depot, though not easy ...